Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Confession: Geek Card in Jeopardy

The intent of this thread is to post things that other geeks/nerds/whatever would find discrediting that you do or don't do. Discussion of these items is to be encouraged and this could include comments of understanding or tasteful ridicule.

For example, here are some of my confessions:

I do not own any of the Star Wars movies and have yet to have my wife or children (3 year old and 7 1/2 month old) watch any of them but the first.

I have not seen Firefly.

I have not seen Doctor Who, except for one episode.

• Like 3

No Dr Who. Just can not do it.

Never seen Serenity or Firefly.

Can't stomach episode one of Star Wars log enough to see it, brought me to never watch episodes 2 and 3.

I do not think Joss Whedon is god.

I like the new Star Trek films but still don't want to watch the originals again or the show. Star Trek broke my heart when Spock died. I was a wee girl when I saw it and could not forgive the franchise for a very long time.

• Like 3

No Dr Who. Just can not do it.

Never seen Serenity or Firefly.

Can't stomach episode one of Star Wars log enough to see it, brought me to never watch episodes 2 and 3.

I do not think Joss Whedon is god.

I like the new Star Trek films but still don't want to watch the originals again or the show. Star Trek broke my heart when Spock died. I was a wee girl when I saw it and could not forgive the franchise for a very long time.

You should probably watch the 3rd star trek movie then. It might make things better for you. Also no one can stomach Star wars episode 1, and 2 and 3 are only marginally better. The only Star Wars anybody really cares about is the original trilogy of 4,5, and 6.

I also do not own any Star Wars films or Lord of the Rings. I like them, but for some reason I just never bought them.

I have never watched a single episode of Dr. Who. For no other reason than I just haven't bothered.

I occasionally have been known to watch football. On TV even.

• Like 3

Well I'm not an anime or manga fan or whatever it's called these days.

Except for when I was a kid and watched Marine Boy and Kimba the White Lion cartoons.

• Like 3

I activley study martial arts

I can not stand "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog" I find it too stupid for words

I enjoy, and even play, country/western music though that is only one of the many diverse musical genres I enjoy it is the most non-geek of the lot

I'm into hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping

I've had several girlfriends most of whom where not of the geek/gamer girl type

The last actual comic book I read was one my niece took out of the library

• Like 3

I don't like Lord of the Rings, either the film or the books.

I've tried reading the books a couple of times, the farthest I got was the start of Two Towers.

Big Bang Theory is just the worst on so many levels. The only time I've found it remotely amusing was a clip with the laugh track removed and it really hit home how dire the writing is.

I completely ditched both DC and Marvel several years ago when both started doing ridiculously bloated annual storylines and stopped being fun to read. The only one I stuck with was Ghost Rider and that was circling a drain. I occasionally look back in to see if things have improved. They have not.

• Like 4

Lets see:-

Never watched Firefly, just doesn't appeal to me.

I've watched a bit of Star Trek (both the older stuff and the reboot movies), but I've never really understood why its such a big thing.

I like the Star Wars prequels.

Not a fan of comic books, but I do like superhero movies. However, I think Nolans Batman trilogy is very overrated but do like those two Fantastic Four films.

• Like 1

I despise Big Bang Theory. It is what a friend of mine termed "nerdface."

(That is, people who are *not* nerds and have only a superficial understanding of nerd culture write scripts for people to dress in the colorful and quaint nerd costume and prance around doing stereotyped nerdly activities for the entertainment and ridicule of a general audience.)

Also, as another friend pointed out, it's a complete boys' fantasy. If it were meant in the slightest for a female audience there would be an actually appealing female geek character who hangs around for more than one episode.

I have never read D&D tie-in novel.

• Like 8