Confession: Geek Card in Jeopardy

What?!?  :blink:

Well, it's not like we were talking about calibers.  (barrel length as a multiple of bore diameter)

Exactly! Otherwise you would have seen something like this:

3.7cm KwK 36L/45

5 cm KwK 38L/42

5 cm KwK 39L/60

7.5 cm KwK 37/L24

Its just a classic tank geek conversation

What scares me is that I understood the whole thing!

• Like 3
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...many...numbers....  :wacko:  :blink:

I reread the Silmarillion sometime in the last 5 years, and while parts of it are still as hard to get through as they were when I first read it back in high school, so much more makes sense now, especially when I read it right after finishing the LotR for the umpteenth time. Also, I like reading the Appendices. Also also, I was so curious about the "new" material that was added to the Hobbit movies that I hunted down what book they drew at least some of it from (Unfinished Tales, for those who are curious), and read the whole thing, even though the bits that pertain to the Hobbit are pretty much at the end.

...I still consider myself only a casually passionate LotR fan, though.  :blush:

Random: I've shot black powder rifles before, it was SO MUCH FUN! :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

I get irritated enough by the time it takes to load a magazine. Pouring powder, ramming patch and ball, and priming is entirely too slow.

So you would prefer something belt fed then, or perhaps a larger drum type magazine.

• Like 1

I get irritated enough by the time it takes to load a magazine. Pouring powder, ramming patch and ball, and priming is entirely too slow.

So you would prefer something belt fed then, or perhaps a larger drum type magazine.

With multiple barrels. Like a vulcan. IDIC: Infinite Destruction in Infinite Combinations.

• Like 2

With multiple barrels. Like a vulcan. IDIC: Infinite Destruction in Infinite Combinations.

Not exactly man-portable, though.

Not exactly man-portable, though.

What you really need is a plasma rifle in the 3.2 Gw range, with an orbital nuclear heat pile generator and a microwave power downlink. Man portable and near infinite ammunition... :)

Damon.

• Like 2