RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed Miniatures

rafmlee

I still would have expected some excitement over the anticipation of the minis eventual arrival though.

Maintaining a sustained level of excitement over long periods of time is tiring, and also disappointing. 

At this point I am affecting a kind of mid-90s teen slacker "meh" disaffected disenchantment whatever pose as a means of protecting myself from hurt feelings and also from wasting my time thinking about Kickstarter projects that will deliver when they are done, whenever that is.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewards fulfillment on this is delayed.

I'm surprised by how little chatter there is about this here and on the comments of the kickstarter itself as I had thought this was a fairly popular project.

Frankly, I've been too busy with other things the past bit to devote much thought to where Kickstarter fulfillments are. That being said, I trust RAFM to hold up their end of the bargain - they did an outstanding job with fulfillment on their Indiegogo campaign.

The Egg

The last two updates they said they were waiting on ten sculpts.  This new update indicates that seventeen that are "in process" (I find the phrase vague -- it seems to mean that it is still being sculpted) including one or two that will be resin and require 60 to 90 days production when received.  While they don't state when they think they will be shipping it seems sensible to assume it won't be before late spring / early summer.  Don't quote me on that.

The last two updates they said they were waiting on ten sculpts.  This new update indicates that seventeen that are "in process" (I find the phrase vague -- it seems to mean that it is still being sculpted) including one or two that will be resin and require 60 to 90 days production when received.  While they don't state when they think they will be shipping it seems sensible to assume it won't be before late spring / early summer.  Don't quote me on that.

I'm surprised they're as behind as they are

I'm surprised they're as behind as they are

I'm not bothered that the project is late -- a while back I got the impression it would be.  They are hardly alone in having a delayed project.  And they are showing us big boxes of miniatures and all.  I just wish they wouldn't dance around the issue in the updates. 

They're late but seem to be dealing with it well. These guys seem alright to me.

We received an email from KS this morning reminding us that it was one year ago today that this project was funded. That is hard to believe. So Happy Anniversary to all our supporters! Now on to this months update on the project.

First, we would like to thank all our supporters for their continued patience. We have had a lot of forward movement, particularly in the sculpting over the past month. Please understand that we are attempting to get this project done and shipped to our supporters as quickly as possible. It does our company no good to ship anything late. We also, realize however, that you have supported our company and deserve to know what is going on with the product that you have helped develop.

During previous updates we have tried to focus on the positive elements of production that we have control over and that can be completed in a timely manner. We appreciate the support of everyone who pledged for this fund raising program and we are still very grateful for your trust in our company. We consider this program very successful in raising over $43,000 to create new miniatures for the 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu Miniatures. However, due to ongoing issues that we take full responsibility for we have had to invest an additional amount in excess of $5000 to complete this project. Money that comes over and above the amount associated with the original funding. We are pleased to make this investment because we are a company that takes customer satisfaction very seriously. We also realize that we will have a marketable product for years to come so making this investment, although difficult for a small company, will provide dividends in the future. We would also like to thank some long time industry professionals who were able to open up schedules and support us in our time of need. Our thanks is extended to George Fairlamb, Bob Olley and Minx Miniatures for some timely and effective sculpting. Also, a special thank you to Bob Murch for donating his time in completing some great miniatures for all of us, without Bob this project would not likely be the great Lovecraftian work that it is.

In November we realized that some of the sculptures, we had ordered and paid for, would not be completed in any sort of timely manner to make our deadline. These products, that had been ordered and paid for in April, from sculptors that we have worked with in the past, were not going to make their scheduled delivery and we could not recoup our payment. At that point in time we commissioned new sculptures to be completed in December. While we were still hoping that the original sculptures would come through, a belief that we are still clinging too, we were not going to accept the non-completion of this project. We could not communicate this information to our supporters because we were still hoping to receive the original sculptures.

With Christmas, and delivery times pushed back for the recommissioned sculptures, we are now happy to say that at this point we have received all but four of the sculptures for the project. We have confirmed that the final four sculptures are scheduled for completion at the end of February. When this occurs we can begin shipping the basic Module Collector Pledges. Our goal is to begin shipping these pledges by the end of March. We can do this because the items in the Basic Module Collector Pledge will all be completed in metal and we can do the production here in our plant. If your pledge contains only the basic Module Collector package then you will be among those we can ship in March.

Some of the Add-ons (Extras and Expansions) will be made out of resin. We do not do this work on site and will have to farm out this work to get it completed. We are sending these pieces out to our usual resin supplier but we cannot control their delivery. If anyone knows a good resin producer that can complete some work quickly then please let us know. If you ordered Extras and Expansions as Add-Ons we will not be able to ship your order until we receive the resin pieces in the plant.

Some of our supporters have asked for an “expected delivery date†in previous posts or messages. Up until this point we could not schedule a delivery date because the product was not under our control. Once we have the products here in our plant, production time is minimal at best. With production molds, casting and packing already underway, shipping to you will be timely and efficient once we receive all the models. Please understand and accept our apologies for these delays. As we have said customer satisfaction is important to our company.

There is nothing we can do at this point about our late delivery. As an apology we would like to add “bonus†miniatures to all our supporters’ packages. As an incentive to ourselves to complete this project in a timely manner we will add an additional miniature to all pledges for each month you have to wait for your product, starting at this point. This month we will add the product RAF2902A Professor to your orders. This is a classic miniature, sculpted by Bob Murch and has been part of the Call of Cthulhu line for years. Once again thanks for your patience and support.

• Like 1

They finally came clean.

I appreciate them being professional and not naming names, and the reason why they could not say anything about the situation while they were fruitlessly waiting for minis that would not be delivered by sculptors who had already been paid.  Although it feels like the waited too long.

And I also appreciate them favorably mentioning the names of sculptors working on this who HAVE delivered, since it is nice not to wonder about industry greats like Bob Murch et al.  (Although Murch appears to be late on delivery.) 

Presumably they are doing what they need to do to salvage their own reputation, because the unfortunate thing is that this will reflect negatively on them rather than on unnamed sculptors, should further problems arise.

All the miniatures I have seen for this project look very good. I am looking forward to receiving them and I am glad I backed this.

• Like 1