Hero builder Guide expanded?

Maceswinger

My Players have really enjoyed the 3. Edition Hero builder Guide and it has seen heavy use in Almost all of our fantasy campaigns, regardless of system, over the years. We Take the random backgrounds from the PCs and Build our campaign World around that so the PCs are integrated in the World Design. So I was wondering if there is a Book Out there that has more options like an expanded Hero builders Guide or Something like that. It can be any System or system neutral just useable for fantasy settings. Though I wouldn't mind a Sci-fi/modern Version for Future use.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to try to find the Central Casting books from Task Force Games (not in print, to my knowledge, for quite a while). They give you a way to randomly generate backgrounds for characters in a variety of genres.

They do have all the problems of randomly generated character backgrounds, but they can serve as inspiration if you use them intelligently.