Sign in to follow this  

http://www.wowminisdb.com/Sarmoth.htm

Working on some ultracheap prepainted minis for practice with LED lighting before I try working with my Translucent Bonestm.

5mm blue LED taped to two AG3 392 batteries, all contained in the mini. The internal pillar of light happened because over drilling to near the top of the mini. I like the light coming from the core, rather than the upper body, even if it makes the mini look like a possessed nuclear fuel rod. 

Also did a Crashing Wave Spirit.

post-12161-0-10449300-1391032934_thumb.jpg

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 13

Nice experiment!  I'd call it a success.  Good experience for the translucents. ::):

I may try this sort of thing at some point myself.  Of course, I'd have to buy more translucent minis...

Well, thanks for the praise everyone.

Nice experiment!  I'd call it a success.  Good experience for the translucents. ::):

I'm concerned about the fire elemental's thin waist and slanted angle. Both the voidwalker and Wave spirit had thick thick verticle torsos, so it was easy to get the LED in. Maybe if I chop the lower fire bottom off it would be easier... :rock:   

:lol: Yeah that's it! Top used for a fire elemental emerging from a brazier or something, Bottom  used for a big smokey fire, using black Halloween cob-webbing to hide the hacking job.

post-12161-0-23309600-1391112478_thumb.jpg

Scorpio, I bought mine at AC Moore, but I had seen them at my Hobby Lobby, so that is sucky. 

Yeah, not that big a deal, I think I could find a similar shape in a drawer handle knob at Home Despot.