Winter 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, just an FYI - If whoever's got me wants to post pictures/a WIP, go ahead. I'd love to see, but I'm far from home ATM, and won't get it for a week or two, so don't bother waiting unless you want to...

I should so make you wait... :devil:

OK That's long enough!

I had you Aard, I don't play games with my figures so I had no clue what a dugeon style monster was so I went with an animal. So, here it is:

0419142348_zps157342f4.jpg

0419142347b_zpsdbaf6a07.jpg

This was my first time using snow. It's army painters   Secret weapons crushed glass mixed with realistic water. It's also my first attempt at marble on the base. The head on the base is from the pathfinder dragon. I though I uploaded more than this, I'll get more pics when I can get home and figure it out.

I also sent you 2 Vermin Beetles but I didn't take a picture of them first so those will be a suprise and I sent you this guy:

0422142034e_zpsda7756fb.jpg

0422142035_zps96bf93c7.jpg

Hopefully he counts as a monster mabey? I couldn't easily get metal figs so these are all bones, hope thats ok. I also forgot to put a note in there in my rush to get it mailed on time. Hope you like them.

Edited by fishnjeeps
  • Like 11

I don't play games with my figures so I had no clue what a dugeon style monster was so I went with an animal. So, here it is:

Hopefully he counts as a monster mabey? I couldn't easily get metal figs so these are all bones, hope thats ok. I also forgot to put a note in there in my rush to get it mailed on time. Hope you like them.

You actually picked out REALLY good figures for dungeon style monsters/creatures! Minotaurs are usually underground and live in mazes and the undead is great for dungeons, graveyards, and crypts. 

Great paint jobs on them too!

• Like 4

I don't play games with my figures so I had no clue what a dugeon style monster was so I went with an animal. So, here it is:

You actually picked out REALLY good figures for dungeon style monsters/creatures! Minotaurs are usually underground and live in mazes and the undead is great for dungeons, graveyards, and crypts. 

Great paint jobs on them too!

I vaugley remember a cartoon as a kid that had a minotaur that was part bull, part car who protected a maze. I'll be durned if I can memeber anything more about it though for some reason the Mario Brothers cartoon sticks in my mind.

See, I'm the exact opposite. I hate that minotaur. I find painting him impossible, but he's so cool, so I keep trying and *GRAH* frustration. I've been wanting a painted one for a long time - now I will have one, to lead the KS beastmen tribe! 

Once I took off the broccoli base an put him on a larger base he made more sense to me. I imagined he was protecting the entrance to a maze or dungeon and had accumulated snow from waiting. (otherwise underground snow doesn't make much sense). Honestly the hardest part was painting the marble head.

• Like 3

Are we allowed to tell our recipent that their item is mailed in this thread?

Usually we keep it a surprise unless said recipient has stated that they'd like to know ahead of time such as in Aard's case above. The rest of us just say "it's in the mail" and when it gets there the recipient is pleasantly surprised and posts pics (or asks that you post them if you took pics) to show off their cool like figure(s) that you did for them.

• Like 2

Are we allowed to tell our recipent that their item is mailed in this thread?

Usually we keep it a surprise unless said recipient has stated that they'd like to know ahead of time such as in Aard's case above. The rest of us just say "it's in the mail" and when it gets there the recipient is pleasantly surprised and posts pics (or asks that you post them if you took pics) to show off their cool like figure(s) that you did for them.

Sounds good, I shipped out the mini today.

• Like 2

I had a lot of fun with this one! Still, I felt like I was shipping one of my children off... I guess it was because I'm still relatively new to all of this, and don't have a large assortment of minis. I'm sure by this time next year, I'll be begging people to take them off my hands! LOL! Looking forward to the Summer/Fall/Winter/Whatever one!

• Like 4