Winter 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

Dude! Just got home. Late night at work. Seriously awesome job! I'll post pics later but uber did a superlative job and sent me awesome basing stuff and stone haven children! Really picked me up after a loooooooong day at work. Thank you so much.

• Like 2

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeze Willen that stinks! I've got a friend who's been in Missionary work for a while and we always had problems getting stuff to him. I didn't know it was still that difficult that far south! I don't $uppose they can be peru$uaded? That'$ typically the $tep my friend had to take... Of course, he was dealing with Mexico, Guatemala and Belize....

I am too Lawful Good, unfortunately, LOL. 

Argentina has been doing great, pulling away from "southamerican-land" these last decade or so, but some things are still pretty surprising.

I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow ;)

• Like 2

Dude! Just got home. Late night at work. Seriously awesome job! I'll post pics later but uber did a superlative job and sent me awesome basing stuff and stone haven children! Really picked me up after a loooooooong day at work. Thank you so much.

I'm so glad you like the piece, the basing, and the extra little figures! You are one of the painters I look up to the most on this site, especially when it comes to basing and are always giving me wonderful feedback. You're welcome  ^_^

I'll post WIP pics later (probably tomorrow).

• Like 3

Got an excellent surprise !

Thank-you Samurai Jack, wow not only three cool mouslings, but all wrapped up in a lil wood treasure chest!

I'm in the midst of a computer overhaul, so if you took pics before sending....please post them up, so everyone can see them.

Love the free hand you did on the egg!

• Like 5

So I got the package from Customs! And I am so so happy! I got three Mouslings, one exquisitely painted by Dan and two ready for cleaning and getting painted by my daughter; I also got a bag of dry leaves and snow powder.

IMG_20140506_130217_849.jpg

IMG_20140506_130224_422.jpg

BTW, this is a serious note to all:

PLEASE, be very mindful when shipping stuff like this. White powder in a bag got my Customs agency very very suspicious, of the package, of me... I had to endure some questioning (nothing rough, but still uncomfortable) and testing on everything. 

• Like 15

Those are awesome leaves, but yeah... I can see where getting a baggy of white powder and a baggy of leaves might arouse some suspicion. ::D:

Fun story, I was once grilled by my boss because they found a Ziploc of tea leaves in my locker. That was fun. ::D:

Edited by Last Knight
  • Like 6

So Uber was extra nice to me this exchange and sent me all kinds of awesome stuff.

post-12951-0-05822100-1399416137_thumb.jpg

basing materials, including some awesome pearlescent rocks that I need to figure out what I can do with them and stonehaven children which are awesome!  they do such tiny little dainty sculpts with awesome accuracy and detail.  

post-12951-0-44340500-1399416141_thumb.jpg

more importantly this cool little diorama which I took this crappy picture of.  For better pics go here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/54791-the-plight-of-hellakin-gorecutter/?p=872172

• Like 6

NOTE: I have received my packages. They get sent to my mothers so I have not yet seen it. I'm not sure if it IS my exchange but to whomever my partner is, there's a package I've yet to open.

@[email protected] Of course, this could be a package from various ninja purchases when the Mr isn't looking. I go back into work on Wednesday so I'll be able to pick it up then.

Edit: And my package to my partner HAS BEEN SENT. Finally Right? It suffered some damages during the trip back from Reaper Con so I had to do touch ups...fix the base, do some gluing and added some nifty techniques I learned at the Con. Now to find that tracking number....

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 2