Winter 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

My recipient should have theirs tomorrow....maybe Thursday....never have I had that complex of an address to write out, lol. (Checks tracking again)

My address is quite needlessly complicated, but the "middle of a cornfield" thing doesn't sound like me. Hm...  :ph34r:

I attempted to deliver mine to the post office twice today, but was thwarted both times by Mr. Boot being gone with the car longer than he'd planned on (the post office is not within walking distance). He promised that he won't need it at all tomorrow, though, so I'll be able to whisk it away at last! I might even look into the cost of slightly faster shipping, since it's got a good distance to travel. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is worried about the status of your miniature, you can PM me.  AFAIK, almost everyone has reported that their miniatures are in the mail or just waiting for a trip to the post office.  A few people had an attack of real life, but they confirmed they're close to finishing their miniatures.

• Like 1

Yay!  I came home today and found a surprise waiting for me.  I received two awesome minis.  I took pictures, and I have to apologize that my camera is so terrible.  These look way better in person.  I especially love the bases.  The water effect and sculpted skull are very nice on the ghast.  =)  I haven't figured out your forum name, but thanks so much!

SAM_0546_zpsb968a126.jpg?t=1399518396

• Like 8

Hurray ... I am finished.

So, off to the post office with my customs form tomorrow.

I will post Show Off pics once it gets there.

EDIT:

It's in the mail!  WOOT!

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 4

Due to car troubles I totally forgot to post yesterday that the package is in the mail! It should be arriving on Saturday; I would have paid to get it there sooner, but the next faster time meant a price increase of about $30.  :unsure:

Mine arrived today! I'll post pictures when I have time, but I  :wub: what I got, thank you NomadZeke!!!! ::D: I'm also relieved that it arrived before we moved, otherwise it would have had to chase us to Washington since we're moving next week. :)

Huzzah!

• Like 4

Okay, picture time!

post-11389-0-85529600-1399609276.jpg

post-11389-0-21133700-1399609289.jpg

My pictures don't do it justice, the blues are much richer and deeper in real life, and the silvery bits are more shiny. She will see usage in our Pathfinder game quite soon!  ::):

After I was done admiring her, I noticed that there was a piece of paper taped over the bottom of the case. I shook it and felt something moving around inside, so I removed the paper to find:

post-11389-0-11324900-1399609488.jpg

Bonus scorpions!  ::o:  ::D:  I really like the light drybrushing on them, it makes them look shiny from gaming distance.

Thank you again, NomadZeke, I love them! :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he glued a tiny magnet to the bottom of her base, and underneath the bottom of the dice box, so she stayed nice and sturdy right in the middle; it worked like a charm!

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8

My first exchange miniatures is from RomulanCmdr: I really love this figure and have been considering purchasing to field against my players. Happy to receive this. Dark skin, never thought about that for an ettin. ^_^

IMG_9328.jpg

And my other exchange partner is Jasper_the_2nd:

Deducing that it is him due to the items he has included as extras in the exchange.

The mini he painted. Which I also like. I have three of these brutes in the vampire box somewhere. The more the merrier for me, but not so for my gaming group. ^_^ (edit: Forgot to mention I like the base. The muddiness makes it feel swamp-ish or its home is close to waters).

IMG_9330.jpg

And the extras that helped me deduce who it was: A letter explaining his friend's store closing, some Chronopia warriors, and a Warzone tank (which blasted out of the blister package). XD

IMG_9334.jpgIMG_9337.jpg

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 9