• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Ellen Stone, Dita, and Kyra are missing. 

I was surprised to see that Vaeloth, Merisiel, and Almaran are all still in the store as they seem to be in the nonose club. I'm wondering if mine are simply miscasts and I should try to have them replaced, or if Reaper just hasn't noticed they're a problem yet.

Edited by Shadowdragon

Why do they remove them? I have juliette, Almaran and Meriseil they are great models.

They had a lot of casting problems with those particular figures and had to replace a lot of them. Some just don't cast nearly as well as their metal counterparts.

Why do they remove them?  I have juliette, Almaran and Meriseil they are great models.

Juliette's outstretched hand is mutilated, the left side of Almaran's face looks melted, and Meriseil is missing her nose. Similar problems with the other minis. I don't think this is a plastic vs metal thing. From what I've read on these forums I think some of the new molds got miscut and QC missed them. One of the hazards of outsourcing to China I guess. So it was just the 5 bones minis that were discontinued?

That's too bad about Dita the Steampunk Witch.  I've got my Bones Dita partly painted up (the dress demands more than just a little bit of drybrushing and wash to look properly detailed ... but even with that, it looks pretty nice so far), and I've thought of getting even one or two more as Bones to try some conversions.  I'm also painting up "Alien" Stone as a counterpart to my "John Bishop Space Marshal."  I hadn't even noticed the "no-nose" initially (it's more of an "anime mini-nose" for my figure) but I can't resist the novelty of painting her up as an Andromedan Space-Cowgirl (though I'll have to do something about the feet).

• Like 2