Sign in to follow this  
Amalor Myrnnyx

A Couple of CAVs

I like them both for different reasons.  The Blitz feels like larger, Soviet walking armor.  The Mantis has a bright, "I don't care that you saw me, you're toast anyways" feel to it.

• Like 1

aww man. Would you stop doing that, every time, every gosh darn time you post something like this I go and have to hit up the store for more goodies. Even though I know mine will never look this good

aww man. Would you stop doing that, every time, every gosh darn time you post something like this I go and have to hit up the store for more goodies. Even though I know mine will never look this good

no, i really can't

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      So these are a couple of "mantis warriors" which I'm painting up as thri-kreen, the insectoid race from the Dark Sun and Spelljammer D&D settings.  They are Reaper's 03552: Klichik, Mantis Warrior (the taller one), sculpted by John Winter, and 03142: Zizzix, Mantis Warrior (the squatter one), sculpted by Michael Brower.

Here they are for scale (and unassembled) with Reaper's 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Straight out of the package they have a very flat silhouette.

Here they are assembled, primed, and washed with thinned-down Burnt Umber.  I gently bent some of their limbs forward to ease the flatness a tad.

One source said all thri-kreen were golden brown; another said they were earthy shades of red, yellow, and sometimes green.  I decided to paint the taller one red and the shorter one yellow.

I mixed some dull, opaque colors using Iron Oxide Red and Yellow, each mixed with a greying-down blend of browns and white, and brushed them on thinly.

As god is my witness, this thing is not so pink in real life.

I painted this same yellow on both of the creatures' bases.

Then I washed over them with some thinned-down Burnt Umber.

To be continued!
    • By Darius Glenwell
      After over a year of sitting on my painting table, I was finally able to finish this guy up last night. He'll see some game time at some point or I may through him up on Ebay and see if anyone wants him. 
      I wanted to use some brighter colors on this guy. The colors go from Leaf Green-Green Ilse-Blue-Purple. I glazed in the darker green, the blue, and the purple, then highlighted up to where I wanted it. Simple browns for the leather and wood and black for the harness, eyes, and antennae. Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)