SCALE75 - STEAM WARS 2

Ellusionist

So it seems like Scale 75 is doing another indiegogo. It looks pretty awesome, but sadly too expensive for me. I might pick up something 40 Euro or lower. The shipping is included worldwide which make this a bit better than retail price wise. Even better for the people in the states as well.

Here is the link.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/steam-wars-2

20140120015800-Sarah_Inicio_Indie.jpg?13

20140127061845-Perks7.jpg?1390832325

20140127012859-Perks13.jpg?1390814939

20140127013100-Perks14.jpg?1390815060

• Like 4

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm salivating. I wants the paints so bad.

You and me BOTH...

This is tempting, but it's so expensive especially with the conversion rates for us here in the U.S. I go over and drool err look over the Scale 75 stuff about 1x/week now. I hope they get a distributor here in the U.S. for their paints and figures at some point.

I'm salivating. I wants the paints so bad.

You and me BOTH...

This is tempting, but it's so expensive especially with the conversion rates for us here in the U.S. I go over and drool err look over the Scale 75 stuff about 1x/week now. I hope they get a distributor here in the U.S. for their paints and figures at some point.

There are at least two places that carry Scale 75s Scalecolor paints; Hanger 18 http://www.hangar18miniatures.com/

and Fantization http://www.fantization.com/index.aspx

Hanger 18 does not currently stock the miniatures but they are planning to. Fantization has a limited selection of the miniatures but not the Steam Punk ones.

• Like 1

I saw the pic above as 24 Eur for ALL the sets and almost fainted. Now I think it is MSRP for each (but some retailers are selling them cheaper and more expensive, in brick and mortar stores, I've seen both), but if you get free shipping it is still a good deal, straight from the factory.

Are they really THAT expensive? How much do GW paints run for now? In Europe Vallejo runs for 2.5-3 Eur a 17ml pot; MSP paints is cheaper but slightly smaller I believe, and also much thinner... which in some cases, makes me think I am using a lot more paint (or that I get less coverage out of the same paint drop).

Anyway, those are just my opinions. It is a different paint "best" to deal with, they composition is more plastic-y, and I think they dry way faster to get the ultra-matte finish. I know I find them difficult to use thinning with just water; I need a drop of Acrylic Thinner in there (and I will soon try Glazing Medium as well).

I am only missing the black/white sets, which I do not intend to get ATM, but some of the minis are sooooo nice... :'(

• Like 1

I like the way they have their paint sets put together. I'd really like to get my hands on a bottle or two before I jump in on this though, just to see if I like them.

Unfortunately they are not selling them as singles yet. I would think they have to at some point. I'm not going to buy an entirely new set just to replace one color.

Word of advice, the paint sets may be a bad deal depending on how much stuff and where you order from - they're almost 20% cheaper in their web store! (I bet the IGG pricing is a good deal for people in the US no matter how many paints you want, but Europeans going for multiple sets might be better off using the web store.)

I haven't tried these colors myself, so can only go on hearsay. From what I understand, they require comparatively significant thinning (which is definitely good in terms of making them last/value for money, but may or may not suit individual painters), and apparently the included instructions are primarily aimed at airbrush users.

I'm tempted to back because I really want to try more larger scale stuff, but the new kit is a bit pricey. This may be easier to justify if they hit the free miniature stretch goals. I find my so is much more susceptible to caving in for 28-32mm steampunk...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.

I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.

Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride

This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen

"You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "

... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 

... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>  
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)