Reaperbryan

2014 Class Schedule

Now that I am in a few classes and given that I am driving down and can bring supplies easily, I want to be sure I have what I need for each class.  Is there a way to contact the instructor to see what they want us to bring?  I'd think that there would be merit to having a figure you want to work on as your "class project".  But I can also see it might be easier for the instructor to want everyone working on the same figure.  And I'd like to leave the supplied paints for those who can not bring their own as I can easily use mine.

I guess given we have plenty of time here, I want to be as prepared for each class as I can be.

Edited by Harrek

Bring a brush, whatever palette is your favored type if you're picky, and examples if your recent work for painting classes. For sculpting classes some sculpting medium (green stuff, apoxie sculpt, etch) and sculpting tools, maybe a little Vaseline. Aside from that, all materials will be provided.

• Like 1

Particularly with regard to paint - in the classes I've taken everyone just puts a few drops on their palette then passes it on.  Providing your own paint probably just makes it harder.

Bring a brush, whatever palette is your favored type if you're picky, and examples if your recent work for painting classes. For sculpting classes some sculpting medium (green stuff, apoxie sculpt, etch) and sculpting tools, maybe a little Vaseline. Aside from that, all materials will be provided.

So a figure will be provided for class use?  Examples a good idea.

For hands on classes yes. For demo ones no. Examples of your current work give your instructor an idea of what you can do and where to focus instruction.

• Like 2

Hey!  Sorry I missed Anne's plug earlier!  I do have the distinction of teaching a well-regarded class for the past, what, seven or eight years or so?  In any case, classes are always available the day of the class, though you want to be at the register as early in the morning as possible to reserve your slot.  How Not to Suck has typically allowed 2-3 extra seats as it's literally me talking for two hours straight non-stop to kickstart tons of mini-painting goodness, so if you haven't gotten a slot yet don't despair.

• Like 4

How Not to Suck has typically allowed 2-3 extra seats as it's literally me talking for two hours straight non-stop to kickstart tons of mini-painting goodness, so if you haven't gotten a slot yet don't despair.

Does this mean I need to be a fast writer if I want to take notes?  Got you down for the Friday 2PM slot...go easy on me.

How Not to Suck has typically allowed 2-3 extra seats as it's literally me talking for two hours straight non-stop to kickstart tons of mini-painting goodness, so if you haven't gotten a slot yet don't despair.

Does this mean I need to be a fast writer if I want to take notes?  Got you down for the Friday 2PM slot...go easy on me.

Good luck trying to write as fast as John talks.

John gives each student a printout with most of what he talks about on it (at least when I took the class).  He'll probably say something you want to write down, but notes in the margins ought to cover you.

We have added, at ATM's request, 2 additional seats to the online offering for both How not to Suck classes.

There will still *also* be 2 additional seats at the door for these classes.

If my husband wouldnt throw a "more games/stop spending all the munnies" I would snatch this class up for Saturday. Alas. Two classes is good enough for me anyways. I'm happy.

Woohoo! Awesome to know about the HNTS handout. I was worried I'd be missing out--my hearing ain't as good as it used to be, and my usual backup plan of recording everything doesn't seem to be an option at Reapercon.

• Like 1

Woohoo! Awesome to know about the HNTS handout. I was worried I'd be missing out--my hearing ain't as good as it used to be, and my usual backup plan of recording everything doesn't seem to be an option at Reapercon.

I'm pretty bummed about this as well but it wouldn't be a rule if somewhere down the line, someone didn't abuse this and be a jerk about it. I respect their antirecording rules!

• Like 1

A few additional class seats have been returned to the site for various reasons.

Also, we are tentatively planning to add another instructor and up to 3 more classes, and may have to absorb some of the Room 6 one-on-one locations for this.