Stonehaven Gnomes and Foundry Orcling

This is another piece that I've completed for the Winter Painting Challenge I'm participating in. One of the features of the Challenge is that every two weeks we have a themed entry competition. (in between those two weeks we speed paint as many figures as humanly possible).

I painted up these Stonehaven Gnomes doing battle against a Foundry Orcling for the Heroes theme. As part of the scene I included some mushrooms that many of you will be familiar with. They were sculpted for me by my friend and forum member Malefactus and I thought they added a lot to the work.

post-12251-0-36543500-1391715183.jpg

post-12251-0-36998800-1391715210.jpg

post-12251-0-22944300-1391715248.jpg

post-12251-0-99513300-1391715282.jpg

post-12251-0-50445000-1391715311.jpg

post-12251-0-56204200-1391715335.jpg

post-12251-0-65929300-1391715353.jpg

Thank you for your time.

• Like 22
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Anne, those are gorgeous. I am always inspired by your use of colors. Great job as always.  ^_^

Thank you. For the next six weeks I'm going to be painting only in browns, blacks, whites and greys. Shocking I know  :;):

As always; beautiful enchanting work...great colors, shading, expressions...you always seem to turn out magnificent wonderland pieces!

Paul (Catdancer)

Thank you Paul. I just did a flying monkey that I haven't posted yet and it's pretty trippy looking.

Arg, these are on my to-paint list, luckily they are so tiny I was able to sneak them past the wife easily!

Great job!

They're lovely little figures and paint up pretty quickly. Make a present of them to your wife.

Very nice.  Wonderfully vibrant.

I love Foundry's fantasy stuff.  It's nice to see it be treated so well.  

I've got three of the Orcling Outriders and right after I started buying up the Orc collection, they discontinued the line  :grr:

So good.

Thank you!

If I had only one word to describe your creations, it would be ENCHANTING. Each piece has a lovely, charming personality that seems to be brought out by your FINE brushwork & glowing color choices. BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE!

Thank you Your Most High Eminence. 'Tis I am that enchanted by your beautiful shrooms and the ambiance they provide my fertile creativity astounds and amazes me.  

Also I have begun work on the Swan Ship you sent me.  The figure head is complete and next I'll start on those massive wings next. Methinks I shall be snow blind by the time I get done painting all that white  :wow:

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.