Uruk-Hai with battle staff...(WIP)

catdancer

post-11942-0-66502700-1391816398_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-53738000-1391816360.jpgpost-11942-0-94911000-1391816323_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-28559200-1391816284_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-16474500-1391816248_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-13877000-1391816215_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-55085500-1391816185_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-92974100-1391816156_thumb.jpg

FIGURE...REAPER (# 02321 = Black Orc)

TITLE...Uruk-Hai with battle staff!...I removed the axe and replaced it with an orc battle staff from my parts box...The figure has the first body color base coat which is a mixture of (black/espresso/hauser dark green)...as shown in Photos # 1 & # 2.

NOTE...This figure will be my 3rd contest entry in (Painting Excuses Jan-Feb 2014 Single Entry Thread)

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS...Are a reply to a PM I received from a member who was interested and asked about the paints, brushes, glues, etc. that I used in my work on figure, vignettes and dioramas...Believe it or not; I am a miser and hate spending money on high priced paints, brushes, etc...so I work with what is the least expensive and that works for me and what I want to accomplish.

PHOTO # 3...Shows the (6) flesh tone colors that I use on my human figures (usually mix 2 or 3 to get the tone that I want)...you can also see the (2) colors that I use for the shadings on the flesh skin...All are acrylic paints.

PHOTO # 4...Shows (26) of my acrylic paints (have 130 varied shades)...also show (8) of my artists inks (have 40 varied shades).

PHOTO # 5...Shows my basic items I use...white glue, hot stuff, brush cleaner, metallic creams and the gold paint I received from my Christmas Sophie.

PHOTO # 6...Shows my assortment of brushes (none of which cost me over $ 5.00)...each cut down and shaped to how I need it for the specific job it does. If you look carefully...you will see that I also use cosmetic brushes from female cosmetic sets.

PHOTO # 7...Shows my very simple paint pallet...a piece of hard board with aluminum foil...as well as my water bowl for my acrylic paints.

PHOTO # 8...Shows my chalks...that I use on most of my wood (real wood) work...also for rust, dust, texture, etc.

So you see that I do what I do with the most simple items...and to answer your last question...NO, I do not use an airbrush (do not have one, have never had one and have never used one).

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 8

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.