2014 Year of the Giants contest rules and questions

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks...  The Large mini is meant to be a "REAPER" sculpt if I read the ruiles correctly.   The ettin definitly applies but I am pretty sure the GW or Ral-Partha would not as the main character in the scene.  Now if they were second to the large Reaper fig....  maybe being beaten up by... then they would work I think.

Just my opinion of the rules...  I wouldn't want anyone to enter and to have the entry disqualified because it was not a reaper sculpt.

• Like 1

That Reaper Ettin would be my first entry. I would say the normal GW monsters are a little too small for this. It's just that I am playing Blood Bowl and going to paint some big guys anyway. The biggest base I use there is 40mm so too small, ok.

And I would paint a non-Reaper dragon just for fun for the open category. When I started building it many years ago my conversion skills weren't good enough so I left it aside and almost forgot about it until my parents found it again in their house a few weeks ago.

Folks...  The Large mini is meant to be a "REAPER" sculpt if I read the ruiles correctly.   The ettin definitly applies but I am pretty sure the GW or Ral-Partha would not as the main character in the scene.  Now if they were second to the large Reaper fig....  maybe being beaten up by... then they would work I think.

Just my opinion of the rules...  I wouldn't want anyone to enter and to have the entry disqualified because it was not a reaper sculpt.

There is a non-Reaper category too.  But all entries must be large figures. The exception is for dioramas, which must have 1 large figure and may have smaller figures as well. 

• Like 3

Are these figures eligible for the contest, single 03322; Efreeti Emir for the diorama 14632; Kargir Tundra Beast Rider. An in the diorama the big figure would be reaper but can the other figure's be be from another company or only reaper for the just reaper figs. Thanks keep up the great work