2014 Year of the Giants contest rules and questions

Good to see entries rolling in!

I should finish up the base on my Ebonwrath and get some good shots, then there is the Bones Ettin and some of the other big Bones models.

I'm guessing stuff like the Relic Knights (from same game) are large enough for this thanks to their Relics as well?

• Like 2
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with Relic Knights minis.

The Relic Knights (from the game of the same name) fill 80mm bases, for the most part. The one I have from before the game launched stands just over 3", and I had to finesse it onto the 50mm base it came with.
  • Like 2

People are so fast. We're only five months into the year and they're posting entries.

Makes me feel inadequate...  :wacko:

If it helps. I have not even started mine yet. I will soon. Possibly once I move as I need to paint the giant, hydra and a few minis to be with the Hydra for a diorama

• Like 4

People are so fast. We're only five months into the year and they're posting entries.

Makes me feel inadequate...  :wacko:

If it helps. I have not even started mine yet. I will soon. Possibly once I move as I need to paint the giant, hydra and a few minis to be with the Hydra for a diorama

I have mine more or less planned out, and I think I have all the figures.  So that puts me MONTHS ahead of last year.  :B):

• Like 8

I have one figure painted, one modified and primed, another just primed, a tree built and some layout for the base!   Mind you that was 2 months ago!!!!   I seem to have stalled a bit but plan to get back to it and all of the contests duirng my approaching week off from work :blink:   (like they will leave me alone... dreaming :down: ).  OH yeah... gotta get started on that exchange mini as well!

• Like 3

I have a question though since I never entered this before. When I do the fire giant am I allowed to post him as I work on him in my WIP thread?

Absolutely. We've done quite a few contests and the WIP in your thread is allowed. People will also do show-off threads with more pics than they are allowed in the contest entry thread (which is limited to 4), if you look at the dragon contest from last year, there were quite a few people who did WIP and show-off of their dragons and in their show-offs they would put out like 6+ pictures to capture more angles and close-ups.

I have a question though since I never entered this before. When I do the fire giant am I allowed to post him as I work on him in my WIP thread?

Absolutely. We've done quite a few contests and the WIP in your thread is allowed. People will also do show-off threads with more pics than they are allowed in the contest entry thread (which is limited to 4), if you look at the dragon contest from last year, there were quite a few people who did WIP and show-off of their dragons and in their show-offs they would put out like 6+ pictures to capture more angles and close-ups.

Well said. Plus, usually a contest brings out the best in us so those WIPs are highly educational ;)

Willen's WIP of his green dragon diorama (which was absolutely fantastic) was really cool and as he said, very educational for him and for others who read/contributed to the thread.

I just started my WIP for the contest and glad that there are other WIP's that I can learn from. Thumbs up to those who like to help others.

• Like 4