LEGO Movie

Oh, and unless you're the type who just isn't able to watch movies shown in 3D, you really ought to see it in 3D if you can.  ^_^

I'd disagree. My son and I saw the 3D version and neither of us were very impressed with it. I usually love 3D animated films b/c its much easier for them to take advantage of the 3D experience (as opposed to making a live action film in 3D w/out pandering to the effect). This very much came across as a movie that they did in 2D and then added 3D in post-processing. Lots of blurry stuff and most of the 3D effects were simply laser shots zipping around the screen. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, just don't feel like I would have missed out on anything if we'd seen the normal version.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I saw the LEGO movie on Valentines day. It, like everything, is awesome. I too thought that it might have just been an extended toy commercial that I was paying to see, but it somehow managed to be much more than that, AND I wanted to play with legos when we got home. Which is odd since I never had them as a kid. I grew up with Loc Blocs.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 2

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME  :lol:  :wub:  :rolleyes:

I had a blast, the wife liked it, and the two kids (my own, 9yo, and my nephew, 6yo) wouldn't stop singing the song and jumping around for at least a week. To granma's and my sister's despair, who looked after them that week.

I... might've joined the singing and dancing when I got back from the office, I admit  :blues:

• Like 2

We saw the movie for Valentine's Day too. Well, the morning after. There were a lot of kids in the theater. Most of them (one on my right) didn't seem into the movie, but there was this one adorable little boy (to our left) who was so into the movie he kept answering questions and singing along. Quietly. He was so cute!

I was all set to take my girl but we got socked in this weekend by snow. /sad

We got her the panda suit blind bag minifig on the third try! 

I got Panda and Wyld Style in the dress. Of course, I'll stand there and feel the packages until I find what I think might be what I want.

Oh, and unless you're the type who just isn't able to watch movies shown in 3D, you really ought to see it in 3D if you can.  ^_^

I'd disagree. My son and I saw the 3D version and neither of us were very impressed with it. I usually love 3D animated films b/c its much easier for them to take advantage of the 3D experience (as opposed to making a live action film in 3D w/out pandering to the effect). This very much came across as a movie that they did in 2D and then added 3D in post-processing. Lots of blurry stuff and most of the 3D effects were simply laser shots zipping around the screen. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, just don't feel like I would have missed out on anything if we'd seen the normal version.

Actually, most of the movie was created with stop motion animation with only a limited amount of digital 3D (which they made an effort to match to "real life" as closely as possible) so it was mainly 3D from "real life" with, as you say, "laser shots" zipping around the screen (and also flames and smoke rising into the air). So, the blur you see in the background was mostly a result of the limited focal depth of a camera lens using a macro focus.

We took the fam on Sunday. I've caught the teen singing the Awesome song when he thinks no one is able to hear.

My teen doesn't bother to hide it when he sings it. But then he's an only child and doesn't have to worry about "looking immature" in front of other siblings.

I actually bought and downloaded the song and then used some software to create a ringtone out of the first four lines. It's currently the ringtone for when my son calls on his mobile phone. ;-)  

• Like 1