Metalchaos

03484, Karlov Diedrich the wizard

The colors you chose are WONDERFULLY vibrant & your brushwork is SPLENDID. GREAT WORK!

If you can get the base to match that BEAUTIFUL background, you'll have a treasure.

• Like 1

Wow!  That red is gorgeous!  And the hint of red in the purple pants- it really sells the reflective fabric.  Beautiful!  I really like what you've done with the sword- I love those little linear highlights.  And nice work with the background!  Only thing I can think of would be increasing the contrast in the chest area- it ends up blending together a bit.  Maybe an extra shadow at the edge of the purple, or an extra highlight on the purple or the edge of the red.  But that's just nitpicking.  Awesome work!!

• Like 1

Great job on this figure all around, love the eyes, the blending, and the NMM!

Totally agree with malefactus though, if you based him he'd be complete. 

• Like 1

Cloak and clothes are awesome. Excellent job overall I particularly like the fade on the pants going almost to white without passing through the yellow or chalky blue. Excellent job!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

@MissMelons, I used a 10/0 brush, not airbrush, not dry brushing. I basically followed Darkstar painting technique. Don't let your paint get dry from one layer to the other and you'll get a smooth blending. Wet palette is a great tool to work with.

@Maglok, The red is Reaper MSP Blood Red, shaded with Pure Black and highlighted with Blood Red / Lava Orange, Lava Orange, Lava Orange / Sun Yellow. Then, Purple glaze and Orange glaze. The Purple cloths are a blend of Purple, Tanned Skin, Spattered Crimson highlighted Tanned Leather and Sun Yellow.

@Corporea, I won't have much time to complete the base and rework the shading as I'll soon go on a three weeks holiday, but thanks for your comments. It's really appreciated.

• Like 1

The use of purple to shade the red cloak ties it in perfectly with the pants! What a great colour choice. The staff is also really, really nice.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now