Looking for Female, Armored Archers

lowlylowlycook

I'm looking to put together a unit of about 15 elven archers.  They should be in metal armor and be all female.

Of course the easy way to go would be with the Sister of the Blade mini's.  Which would be more than fine.

But sadly, I've become a bit obsessed with the idea of using the awesome Oriana, Grey Maiden mini as the unit leader.

60143_p_1_mj.jpg

So now I'm on the hunt for maybe 5 or so matching mini's.  Basically females with cloak, rounded plates for armor and bows.  It would be best of they didn't have shields, actually.  Also I'll probably need to find a source of closed, plumed helms.

So far, using Reapers, very nice search function, the closest I've found are two that will need a head swap and a shield swapped for a bow.

60046_p_1_nic.jpgIG_668_1.jpg

Finding minis that are not part of Reaper's awesome lineup is a lot harder.  

If anyone knows of other suitable figures, I'd be very grateful for the help.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The figure finder also turned up these searching "female, bow, plate"...

60019: Seelah, the PF iconic paladin, although she has a shield on her back...

03325: Valise, tunnel ranger, could maybe chop the spikes off the bow and maybe use another armor plate or two to make her less stripperific...

03166: Alistrilee, elf archer...

And if I remember right, 14545: Acacia's shield is a seperate piece (and her bow and quiver another piece), although her armor's not exactly rounded...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

Thanks.

I considered Seelah, but I'm not sure I want the whole unit to all be casually standing around with helmets off.  Then again the other Grey Maiden also looks like she is posing for the unit's yearbook photo...   ::D:

Alistrilee is definitely on my list of good but not perfect matches.  As a bonus, I think she is in the 2nd Bones Kickstarter.  Well, it's a bonus depending on how patient I can be. Valise, is one that I missed.  You are right it could work, if I could pull off the conversion.  The greaves in particular work with the leg warmer look of Oriana.

And if you are right, Acacia would also work. 

Maybe the best plan is to just go with all those female archers that match the Sister's of the Blade aesthetic.  It wouldn't be a bad thing for the leader to stand out anyway.  

• Like 1

Why not just get https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Sisters%20of%20the%20Blade/sku-down/06176 and paint the torso armor as metal?

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Sisters%20of%20the%20Blade/sku-down/14058 Would give you a 4th in the same basic style.

But if the cloak is more important the pickings are a lot more narrow with the armor and the bow, I would recommend going for the Sisters and having the leader have the more unique appearance, if you unify the colours it will work fine anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help everyone.  Sorry for being so picky.  

Obsidian Crane, that's what I meant by going with the Sister's of the Blade minis.  And yeah, it's probably the most reasonable idea.

Thanks SamuraiJack, I think I had looked at darksword before but restricted my search to elven figs so missed at least one possibility.

What do you guys think of the upcoming Crocodile Games Amazons?  I like the plumed helmet.

de38400395f525409efba69769740bec_large.j

Here is a pic of the corresponding spearzons' green:

9bac05413631441a90df25587107a319_large.j

• Like 2

I considered Seelah, but I'm not sure I want the whole unit to all be casually standing around with helmets off.  Then again the other Grey Maiden also looks like she is posing for the unit's yearbook photo...   ::D:

If I may be so graceless as to quote myself...  

Actually this would be  a pretty funny diorama or display board.  I'm imagining a raging battle but in the middle a little clearing where all the posing models are having their portrait done.

Anyone know of a miniature of a painters with an easel?

If I may be so graceless as to quote myself...  

Actually this would be  a pretty funny diorama or display board.  I'm imagining a raging battle but in the middle a little clearing where all the posing models are having their portrait done.

Anyone know of a miniature of a painters with an easel?

ArtistCon Sophie?