Sign in to follow this  
Anachronite

Reaper Learn to Paint Kit-1 - My First Mini

I enjoyed meeting everyone today at paint club and really appreciate the advice and help I received... Here are some pics of the completed first mini. Please let me know what ya think. Advice and tips are appreciated! Thank you!

post-13164-0-31585800-1392556439_thumb.jpg

post-13164-0-44898200-1392556440_thumb.jpg

post-13164-0-70480300-1392556442_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

You are a natural. The brushwork is really SPLENDID, especially for a first mini...or for the first year for that matter. The face is  particularly NICELY DONE. Doing the trousers  in a different color would be an improvement...you'll get bolder with your color choices as you progress no doubt. Keep up the GREAT WORK!

• Like 1

thanks for the kind words and advice... the colors are what the KIt-1 came with and instructed to paint, but you do have a good point about another color. I cannot wait to branch out on my own after I finish the learn to paint kit series. But the first rule about OCD club is you have to do all the kits, in order, with the exact paints supplied. LOL

As for a base, I am not sure. Maybe just put it in the case it is in for display as it won't work with the mini game I play... I'll post the Barrow Rat that came with Kit-1 as soon as I finish it..

• Like 1

Finally finished the barrow rat from LTPK-1. Wish I had more time to paint! Ahh well, time for the next LTPK and paint club this weekend... critiques and tips always welcome!

Thanks!

post-13164-0-69829500-1393393582_thumb.jpg

post-13164-0-25217000-1393393583_thumb.jpg

post-13164-0-81859500-1393393583_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I love that Rat...you did an OUTSTANDING job bringing him/her to life. GREAT WORK!

The Tip of the Day: If you add a tiny spot of yellow toward the center of each eye, you'll give them a glowing effect.

• Like 1

thanks for the kudos guys... as for the addiction, you are not kidding... I just need more time to paint because it feels like an obsession!! lol

wanted to go to learn to paint kit #2 next but cannot find it for sale. I read another forum that said to do kits 4, 5, and then 3 and I can skip 2. So kit #4 is next... hope I can do as well with something more difficult!

It's a really fun hobby and this forum is full of enablers ... I mean supporters  :upside:

Yep the order is 1, 2, 4, 5, 3 (3 is NMM and the advanced techniques so much harder than if you take your time working through the others).

I normally advocate ordering specifically through Reaper for the LTPK's, but they've been out of stock for a while. You can check out The Warstore and get a LTPK 2 from there if you are interested.

Yea I tried to buy from the warstore before but when you add it to your cart and then go to check out, it says the item you selected is no longer available. I have tried every single store website that comes up when you google Reaper Learn to Paint Kit 2. They are sold out everywhere unfortunately.

My personal preference is the spray on Testors Dull Coat, but if you want added protection you can hit it with the brush on sealer and then dull coat to bring the shine back down.

• Like 1