Online Ticket Sales Poll

ladystorm

Reaper Con Online Ticket Sales  

63 members have voted

1. 1. We would like to know if you, the community prefer the way it is done now, where some seats are held back, or would you prefer if for future conventions we announced a policy of online sales for all seats, and only sold at the door what was left over?

• I like having some tickets reserved for onsite purchase.
    • I wish everything was available at once online.
    • I just like to push buttons and realize this is not a real vote either way.

It takes a bit to get over feeling like a stalker while lurking around the artists. At my first RCon I kept waiting for someone to ask me to leave. I can't stress enough how awesome all the artists are. At the very worst they will politely tell you that they are busy at the moment, and ask you to stop back a bit later. 

• Like 3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand.  I try to be outgoing but, often, I'm seized up and feel like I'm intruding.  I know it is in my(our) head because everyone has been so nice.  I think sometimes we just have to breath and put ourselves out there.

From the friends I've made at this convention (and the reason I'm flying in from Canada again this year), I can say that ReaperCon feels more like a family reunion than a convention.

• Like 1

I totally understand.  I try to be outgoing but, often, I'm seized up and feel like I'm intruding.  I know it is in my(our) head because everyone has been so nice.  I think sometimes we just have to breath and put ourselves out there.

From the friends I've made at this convention (and the reason I'm flying in from Canada again this year), I can say that ReaperCon feels more like a family reunion than a convention.

I totally agree with you MiniCannuck. 

Every time I talk to someone here about ReaperCon, I say with sincerity that I never felt so welcomed in a place like when I attended ReaperCon 2012. 

• Like 1

As a first timer I can say without a doubt that the one thing I've heard over and over from prior attendees is that the artists truly are amazing and very happy to speak with anyone who asks nicely.  I know the artists are saying so too, and I appreciate the heck out of the personal level of communications on the board, but I'm sure some people probably worry "oh they're just being polite, this is their job."  They're not just talking at you, they mean it.  One reason I am so excited to get to go is the slew of things I've heard about how the artists are fans like us, only they were awesome enough to wind up doing this as something more than just a hobby.

I'm a world class introvert myself, not very fond of crowds and group activities in general, but the thing to remember is this.  There is a HUGE difference between going to some random party playing the "how's your Mom 'n them?" smalltalk game with someone you have nothing in common with, and being on a four day spree with like minded fanboys/girls :-)

• Like 1

I'm primarily nervous because I stand out like a sore thumb. Add in the creepy factor of vibrating when excited and grinning like an silently screaming fangirl then the oddities begin.

You will hardly be the first to do that.

Nor likely the last (depending on when I get there).  ::):

• Like 3

The artists are by far some of the nicest, most accessible folks I have had the pleasure of knowing.

I worked the registration desk last year, and there was a bit of a line when we opened in the morning, but I don't recall anyone ever buying more than two classes for a given day, and that was a rarity.  Everyone was polite and orderly.  

A few times, artists even came by and added an extra seat to one of their sold out classes.  So if something is sold out, swing by and check later in the day.

• Like 1

I'm primarily nervous because I stand out like a sore thumb. Add in the creepy factor of vibrating when excited and grinning like an silently screaming fangirl then the oddities begin.

You will hardly be the first to do that.

Nor likely the last (depending on when I get there).  ::):

I was thinking about wearing my Minecraft creeper shirt just to make her feel better but since I bought the RCon shirt I should wear it on the day I am going to be there.

• Like 1

Is this limited to the con itself or do you start winding up on the car ride there! It's the small things like this that goes a long way in determining which car you get put in...

• Like 2

Is this limited to the con itself or do you start winding up on the car ride there! It's the small things like this that goes a long way in determining which car you get put in...
Ah teaching THAT detail. @[email protected] when driving I like to sing. I'm not terrible but the type of music varies. But yes, I'll be especially excited all the way there. I probably won't sleep the entire way there.

But remember I'll have cake and snacks!!!!

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 3

You are unlikely to stand out like a sore thumb in this crowd.

• Like 3