Well Blueberry, the first thing you do is get a very sharp knife and... no.  That'll get you in trouble with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Abominations).  What I did was grabbed a sheet of thin laminated cardboard (cream cheese package in this instance) and cut it to the approximate area size I wanted the rug to cover (2"x3" - a big polar bear on his hind legs is 12' tall with his head level).  Then I did the stuff that went under the fur (claws, beak, eye sockets).  Eyes went on after that cured, and then a thin, bear shaped layer over the furry parts.  Fur texture was done with  a dental pick, there's about a gazillion tutorials on it.  After it's all cured I just soaked the whole thing for a couple of hours and the cardboard just fell away.  Mostly.  If you hold the underside up to a mirror there's some nutrition information indicating that he's fairly high in fat and salt and contains milk.

• Like 7

Though the French model has a bit more detail, I prefer yours. The reason is that your rug sits more like a rug and the other seems to have left the spine inside. A rug should be flat with the exception of the head/claw accents.

Great job.

Though the French model has a bit more detail, I prefer yours. The reason is that your rug sits more like a rug and the other seems to have left the spine inside. A rug should be flat with the exception of the head/claw accents.

Great job.

that's it. That's what was bothering me about the french one, I just couldn't quite place my finger on it.