Well Blueberry, the first thing you do is get a very sharp knife and... no.  That'll get you in trouble with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Abominations).  What I did was grabbed a sheet of thin laminated cardboard (cream cheese package in this instance) and cut it to the approximate area size I wanted the rug to cover (2"x3" - a big polar bear on his hind legs is 12' tall with his head level).  Then I did the stuff that went under the fur (claws, beak, eye sockets).  Eyes went on after that cured, and then a thin, bear shaped layer over the furry parts.  Fur texture was done with  a dental pick, there's about a gazillion tutorials on it.  After it's all cured I just soaked the whole thing for a couple of hours and the cardboard just fell away.  Mostly.  If you hold the underside up to a mirror there's some nutrition information indicating that he's fairly high in fat and salt and contains milk.

• Like 7

Though the French model has a bit more detail, I prefer yours. The reason is that your rug sits more like a rug and the other seems to have left the spine inside. A rug should be flat with the exception of the head/claw accents.

Great job.

Though the French model has a bit more detail, I prefer yours. The reason is that your rug sits more like a rug and the other seems to have left the spine inside. A rug should be flat with the exception of the head/claw accents.

Great job.

that's it. That's what was bothering me about the french one, I just couldn't quite place my finger on it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this