Kotilynn

Male kitsune minis?

I'm looking for a male kitsune miniature, preferable an archer, and am failing to find any. Does anyone know where to find one? If I couldn't find one I was considering just piecing together two different minis and was wondering if anyone had any advice on that, such as paint to use, how to correctly cut apart and attach pieces of minis together.

Yeah, I'm not aware of anyone that makes male kitsune miniatures. I think you are probably going to have to kitbash to get what you want. I don't recall if there are any articles in The Craft section specifically on head-swaps, there is lots of good info there about conversions in general. You might start there.

~v

The best bet is probably the werefox with the bow from the lycanthropes set in that link - the other one's a bit larger than what you're looking for... The head will be easy to swap out, but the tail will need some careful cutting since there's a flap of cloth over her butt that covers a bit of the base of the tail.

Other than that, just find a mini with the right clothes and gear, hopefully with a head that's easy to remove, and then saw off the head and drill holes in the neck and the butt to pin the fox parts into. I'm sure there's an article on pinning around here somewhere if you're not familiar with the process.

Here's the Stonehaven Kitsune from their most recent update. If you wanted him to be an archer all you'd really need to do is swap out his sword for a bow.

3a93138fa5e6a926299fcdb14f9c7c2c_large.j

You will have to wait until they are released to the public - I joined the Kickstarter for the Elven Adventurers set, so I will be getting it a bit before then.

I blame the troll mage - she was too adorable to pass up. (And won't be a general release.)

Last that I read the Kickstarter pledges will be going out in April, so they will show up in the Stonehaven shop sometime after then.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

You will have to wait until they are released to the public - I joined the Kickstarter for the Elven Adventurers set, so I will be getting it a bit before then.

I blame the troll mage - she was too adorable to pass up. (And won't be a general release.)

Last that I read the Kickstarter pledges will be going out in April, so they will show up in the Stonehaven shop sometime after then.

The Auld Grump

I don't recall that the troll Mage was a limited release? Are you sure?

I didn't think Stonehaven would do another LE after the overstock situation they faced with the troll from their first kickstarter.

The Auld Grump

I don't recall that the troll Mage was a limited release? Are you sure?

I didn't think Stonehaven would do another LE after the overstock situation they faced with the troll from their first kickstarter.

I could be wrong, but given that the Gnomish Adventurers set's Troll isn't in the store, and that came out well after the Dwarven Adventurers.

I don't mind telling you - I would not be at all upset if I were wrong, the trolls are pretty danged spiffy. I'd like to see them enter general distribution.

And given that there are three trolls this time around, it is distinctly possible that I am wrong.

It is also possible that they are limited but not exclusive - so that Stonehaven might have some left over, but be able to sell them until they run out.

If the trolls are available then I highly recommend getting them - the two that I already have are very nice.

The Auld Grump

I'm not sure why the gnomes ks troll isn't in their store, but I know it wasn't exclusive.

I did end up going all in on the elves, despite my misgivings about their general styling. There were just too many gems scattered throughout the projects offerings to not go completionist.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why the gnomes ks troll isn't in their store, but I know it wasn't exclusive.

I did end up going all in on the elves, despite my misgivings about their general styling. There were just too many gems scattered throughout the projects offerings to not go completionist.

Yeah - the elves themselves (oooh! a rhyme!) were not the main point for me - it was all the other things that were added.

I think that Stonehaven realized pretty quickly that Elves were not bringing folks in the same way as either of the Dwarfs or Gnomes.

I'd... kinda hoped for Goblins - the pointy eared gits Elves already have a lot of options.

The Auld Grump

How do I go about acquiring that male kitsune in the set?

As far as I know, you can still get it directly from Stonehaven at kickstarter prices. At least, they haven't taken down the paypal page with a linked price list.

If you want a single mini, it is $3 for the pick and choose option, plus $5 for the kitsune, plus either $1 for US shipping or $5 for Canadian or Rest of the World shipping. It's kind of pricey for a single mini, but most of the other pledge levels had shipping included.

For instance, the Strymian Thieves' Guild has both male and female kitsune, plus three elves, three pixies and three adventuring aids for $35 and free shipping to US, $5 to Canada, and $7 RoW.

Alternately, the two kitsune are also in the $48 Companions pledge, which contains 26 miniatures (mostly small figures), again free shipping to US, $6 Canada, $8 RoW.

Edited to add a link to the kickstarter page. Near the top is a section called "Missed the kickstarter?" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/elven-adventurers-box-set

Edited by Suden