[SPLIT] Cephalopod Discussion

The Inner Geek

We get a lot of fan suggestions that idea X is the wave of the future or plan B is the right way to do the thing, but in 99% of all cases where a fan presents us with an idea, we had either already talked about it and discarded it, or already internally have a team working to make it reality.

Does this mean I shouldn't bother with my idea to package free sushi with each mini?

• Like 6

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now picturing somebody opening their Reaper order, and getting a face full of annoyed octopus.... (Okay, who ordered the Bones Cthulhu? Your sushi wants to have a word with you.)

The Auld Grump - I actually like octopuses, and won't eat calamari for that reason. (Rest well Mrs. Grundy, wherever you may be.) *EDIT* Mrs. Grundy was an octopus that belonged to my fifth grade science teacher.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5

I am now picturing somebody opening their Reaper order, and getting a face full of annoyed octopus.... (Okay, who ordered the Bones Cthulhu? Your sushi wants to have a word with you.)

The Auld Grump - I actually like octopuses, and won't eat calamari for that reason. (Rest well Mrs. Grundy, wherever you may be.) *EDIT* Mrs. Grundy was an octopus that belonged to my fifth grade science teacher.

As well people should like octopi  - they use tools and actually play games with each other!!  Seriously cool creatures imo.

We get a lot of fan suggestions that idea X is the wave of the future or plan B is the right way to do the thing, but in 99% of all cases where a fan presents us with an idea, we had either already talked about it and discarded it, or already internally have a team working to make it reality.

Does this mean I shouldn't bother with my idea to package free sushi with each mini?

Not after the free Stanky Sock with each order of paint fiasco.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 4

Is *that* what that was?

I was so startled when I opened my box that I flung the whole thing away from me and into the wall. The paints bounced off. The sock *stuck.*

It set off my sprinklers! By the time the fire marshal declared the building safe for reentry, I had to go buy a pint of housepaint and spackle to repair the hole it had burned in my wall!

WORST. GIVEAWAY. EVER.

Nah, I love me some Reaperpeeps. <3 you, Bugsy! *eyes paint, cocks shotgun*

Edited by Aard_Rinn
  • Like 8

technicaly speaking, Calamari is squid not octopus

Granted, but it was either that or... baby octopus. *Shudder*

(Mind you, Dancing Squid is worse. Much... worse. :wow: )

The Auld Grump

Aww. ::(:

My nephew wants to be a marine biologist. He won't touch seafood. After hearing about Mrs. Grundy I'm kind of inclining that way myself.

After ReaperBryan's clear discussion of things I find myself thinking back on my comments, wondering if I've made imperious demands of the Reaper peeps. I hope not. They really do know their business, and I don't.

But it's very interesting to get a little glimpse of how things work.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

Mrs. Grundy was a small octopus - maybe six inches across, with her(?) tentacles spread.

She was also friendly - and learned to 'shake' hands (well, an extended finger, anyway) and to flop through a hoop. (Not jump, sort of pulling herself up, then flopping her body through.)

Shaking hands with an octopus feels exactly like you would think that it does - sort of like boneless chicken, with the skin still on, and little tiny suction cups. (She could really hang on, if she wanted to - the suckers are small, but there are a lot of them.)

She was a sweetheart.

The only reason that I call Mrs. Grundy 'she' or 'her' is because of the name - I have no idea what gender she really was. She was called that because she kind of looked like the hairdo on the character in the Archie comics.

I gather that giant octopuses in the wild can also be surprisingly friendly and curious - though there was this incident:

An incident that I can no longer find footage for was of divers playing frisbee with an octopus - the octopus was the frisbee.

As for how the octopus felt about the experience - it kept coming back to be sent spinning off again. It was having fun.

Umm... I seem to have gone pretty far off topic here.... :rolleyes:

Unless Reaper is owned by an octopus, at least.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6