So, thanks to those on this board, I've been inspired to try my hand at sculpting my own miniature. I've never attempted to do anything like this ever before so I am a complete Noob at this. If I can make anything even close to what others here have done I'll feel good about this.

I'm going for a Cav/Mech type thing in about 50mm scaleish.  Perhaps a couple of arm mounted cannons and a couple rocket launchers with a cockpit Nd "chicken legs" We'll see what I actually get...

SO! Here are some pics of the tools and supplies I'm using and some pics of where I've gotten so far. 

I have both sculpy firm and green stuff to start. I'm going to try using the sculpy more than the Green stuff.

0221142004c_zps4d385495.jpg

Here are the tools I have at the moment, Sculpy pearl tools, Size 0 color shapers, Various wax carvers from harbor freight & the flgs.

0221142004b_zps60708363.jpg

A close up of the color shapers...

0216141639c_zps18f29972.jpg

Now on to my first attempts at sculpting. I'm thinking I should start at the bottom so I'm starting with the foot of the mini. First a bolck of sculpy...

0221142016_zpsf2269ca4.jpg

Roughly carved the shape of the foot...

0221142018_zpsd969e564.jpg

And where I am now. I smoothed the fingerprints from it. 

0221142023_zps43c9bec1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.