Mother and Children (Bones 77087) celebrate Norwegian Constitution day

Citrine

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, great stuff, very interesting take on them! I like the bunad.

You could just give them some Norwegian flag lapel pins :;):

Or something like this if you wanted to: http://www.ingebretsens.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x/e5c3f25dbe2a3021345b55270d5894a1/s/m/sm153.jpg

I know we used to use those way back when.

• Like 1

My mom figure would have needed some greenstuff for her jaw, as well, but I just painted some big lips to distract people. Yours look great, and the greenstuff really helps fill in the gaps! Love the dresses and the free hand. These look beautiful!

As for a flag, would it be overly patriotic to just put a flag behind them? Like war banner style?

• Like 1

@Jasonator, thanks! Painting this made me really homesick. Last year I visited for 17th of May, which was really awesome. Alas that is not happening this year.

@Thes Hunter, I thought of having a flag pole behind them, but I decided this way I can use them as townsfolk in rpgs if needed.

@Corporea, I am keeping this one on my shelf :-)

Since the contest due date isn't until March 3rd, I might go back and try to reduce the black around their eyes and add more shading around the noses, to make the faces look better. For some reason I thought the due date was yesterday.

@

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      One of Bob Ridolfi's sweet little undead monsters from earlier this summer.  I tried some grey skin tones to give her a "definitely not human" look, with the contrasting pale yellow funeral dress.  It's all right, and there's nothing you need to be concerned about here....

• By Inarah
      I'm a bit behind on my show-offs.  Here's one from July. 

From Reapercon 2020..... I wanted to give this fairy tale classic a modern twist, thus the tie-dyed shawl and the green apple.  Granny might also have some other "organic" produce and specialty home made items behind the counter. 

• By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 

• By ced1106
      More villagers for your town!

Many of these poses are unique and, afaik, unavailable elsewhere.

All In Pledge shows all sets available in this KS. Sets and smaller bundlers are available, and sets from the previous Villagers KS are available now from the creator's website.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-villagers-part-2

• By Rigel
      "This is the maiden all forlorn
      That milked the cow with the crumpled horn
      That tossed the dog
      that worried the cat
      that chased the rat
      that ate the malt
      that lay in the house that Jack built."

A nice crisp sculpt by Bobby Jackson! This lovely young lady served as an NPC in an All Of Them VVitches game I finished recently.
      The game was based on the nursery rhyme "The House that Jack Built" coupled with an ergotism infection plot. Our PCs were called to investigate into incidents of violence and madness in the town of Millsbach, home of Jock Jocksson's brewery and famous Red Rye Ale. There are rumors of witchcraft, or Devil curses, or the displeasure of the Good Folk. The PCs need to solve this without giving traction to any of these rumors.

Beccah Burns here is a fine milkmaid, but the cow up and gored her in the arm last week after getting out of the fence and into the millet and rye fields nearby. She is at the age where everything bad is a catastrophic disaster. Drinking ergotized milk is doing nothing for her emotional state.

She is also deeply infatuated with Angus, a local farmer (and he with her) whose chickens have been eating leftover infected grain from the brewery, causing the chickens to savage him whenever possible.
      (This is the man all tattered and torn in the rhyme.)

Fortunately, after several violently hallucinatory episodes, our PCs managed to figure out what was going on and destroy the stocks of tainted rye as well as several giant rat-men who may or may not have actually existed. Angus wound up a bit of a local hero after blowing up a grain mill, and the PCs got invitations to the young lovers' wedding! Fun times. 

More pix, you know the drill.