Sign in to follow this  
Wik

New guys, old questions lol

Hilarious! A couple of my friends used to own a game shop that carried reaper and so they have minis and cases for storage (they are no longer in biz) but sadly I do not....I honestly need more than you (but less than 20 :p hahaha). I just wanted the pally 1st as it's my main character and one I am playing in our current campaign. I also need a dwarven wiz and Dwarven Barbarian. I have not nearly done the research on them as I have the pally but I have already found sveral I like....but then i'm gonna end up having around 20.....for ever character, and no where to store them hahaha

Edited by Wik

Andoran, Steel Falcon from the Pathfinder line seems like a perfect fit.  His mustache is easy to remove.  Has the sword and shield, plate, and already has an eagle/falcon motif.

Thanks Qwyk! I did see him and he was actually a model I was mulling over last night. I do admit, it is difficult for me simply because some friends and I were laughing so hard at the mustache...it's impossible for me to imagine the fig without that lol...I literally feel torn between about 15 figs for varying reasons and I have no idea how to narrow them down. Sigh lol

You know the answer. Make a list, grab your d20, and roll. Done in one. 

In reality, you probably won't want the first result. If that's the case, he shouldn't be on your list, you can cross him off and roll again.

• Like 1

Thats actually pretty brilliant hahaha I guess the issue I really have is I see pros and cons to all the figs I have in mind....so I don't know if what I want to do, is do-able lol.

Can anyone clarify, would this sword from Finari 54 MM model be usable on say Almaran, Drexel, or any of the dozen other I mentioned previously? lol I really love that sword design but knowing that it came from a larger model....

Thats actually pretty brilliant hahaha I guess the issue I really have is I see pros and cons to all the figs I have in mind....so I don't know if what I want to do, is do-able lol.

Can anyone clarify, would this sword from Finari 54 MM model be usable on say Almaran, Drexel, or any of the dozen other I mentioned previously? lol I really love that sword design but knowing that it came from a larger model....

To be perfectly honest I doubt it would be suitable.  That sword is about 4.5cm long!  That would be bigger than the minis

• Like 1

Ya, I kinda figured but was hoping for confirmation. I very much appreciate you confirming and shattering my dreams, thanks! :p hahaha

There is a regular sized Finari that you may be able to take the sword from.

She even comes in a Bones version

Ya, I had stumbeled across those but was not sure that I would have the skill or ability to get the sword of fthe model. Also, the condition of teh sword after I seperated it from the model is a concern lol

Nah, the original Finari's sword is pretty much sculpted right onto the front of her body for almost two-thirds of it's length... It's a total non-starter unless you want to try carving all the details on the back side of the sword yourself.

And to be honest, the 28mm Finari's sword would look pretty dainty in the hands of a heavily armored male paladin.

Pretty much the only solution to getting a Finari sword in the scale you want is to take one of the swords from the Crusaders Weapons sword sprue and straighten out the crossbar, then add the quillions with some green stuff.

It'd be a project, and require some skill, but using the shorter sword and extending the length of the blade with green stuff would give a decent approximation of her sword.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

Jack thanks for the input. I had kinda assumed as you mentioned that Finari's sword was sculpted right into the fig. Sad :(

I appreciate the insight on how to get around that but I did end up ordering some figs to get started. I can always go back if I need/want to and do what you suggested. But I have my first order in (Pally fig, dwarf wiz, Dwarf Barbarian and the weapon sprue) and hopefully it will ship tomorrow or the next day!!!!

Ill keep everyone posted on how things go on this little project!

• Like 2

Hey all. I promised an update on the situation and while i've been sick and working a ton I wanted to drop a few pics off at least.

I had purchased 3 figs, but my main focus was on my pally fig (Also got a dwarf wiz and a dwarf barbarian). Here are a couple pics of how the pally turned out. I had always envisioned him in his house colors of a cream or off-white and light blue. The careful eye (and hand!) along with a vast amount of tutelage from a friend we ended up with a slight modification and this final paint job. My though going in was (an I mean no disprect to anyone who is featured here or has done this for their own figs, it's just MY thing) I didn't want everything to match. I hate how so many figs have perfectly matching armor, shield, even sword (or weapon) all conveniently match to a T. I hate that! So not alot of flare here, but thats how I wanted it.

20140310_130206_Richtone_HDR.jpg
how to screenshot on windows 7

20140310_130151_Richtone_HDR.jpg

20140310_130231_Richtone_HDR.jpg

20140310_130300_Richtone_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

That's a nice looking paladin you've got there.  :)

Thanks!

I had a dilemma with the original sword which I liked but wasn't a huge fan of the flames (just in my pally's case not from an ascetic point of view). I still think I could have thought of something to spruce the sword up more, but I don't know exactly what we could have done so we just went with a normal looking weapon.

Anyhow, glad you like.

Looks a lot better than my first effort!  Truth be told, it looks a lot better than my 5th effort...  :upside:

Never dipped her in pine sol though, as much as I've been tempted...would rather have the reminder of how far I've come, than free said figure of black toejam [went way overboard with ink trying to add definition to the toes], and from a walleye that'd impress a chameleon.

• Like 1