• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought a bigger brush. Nothing fancy, just one of those cheapo multipacks at Walmart. I also decided to be brave and try out the new Scale 75 paints I got in the other day. The paints are very vibrant, and I find that they're a bit on the blue side of where I'm coming from. At any rate, I enjoy the vibrant colors, but I'm going to have to wait and see if they'll match with what we've already done. If not, I'll have to throw on a few washes of Reaper MSP to tone them down some.

I ended up having to do a repair on the tree. I bumped one of the branches one too many times drilling holes for the mushrooms, causing the tip to split. I superglued it back together, and it will be covered by foliage at any rate. I'm guessing it happened because there was a bit of wire exposed on the end... I also need to branch out into Greenstuff Mushrooms. I actually have 36" of the stuff in the... freezer? That way, the 'shrooms wouldn't look like I purchased them at IKEA like our display cabinet. 

These are the pics of what I got done this evening. If it all looks legit after completely drying, I'll use said larger brush to apply some brush on sealer to keep it all intact, then get to add grass and flowers. I'm not exactly sure where and how many plants I'm going to put on as Jazzy has quite a few animals picked out... I think they're on page 1 of this extremely long WIP! At any rate, this Garden is almost done!  ^_^

post-12973-0-70904800-1396509648_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-94693600-1396509650_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-41067900-1396509652_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-03800000-1396509654_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Looking terrific !

Interesting that Jazzy is teaching YOU how to play :;):

LOL

Great Project, and it appears you are doing exactly what you need to do.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Jay

Jay, sometimes I think my children are teaching me way more than I teach them. They are a blessing!

• Like 2

Got everything sealed and the painter's tape removed. I think overall it came out pretty good! Now I'll have to get with Jaz to set out the flowers, tufts, shrubs, etc. We're getting closer! Hopefully, the next time y'all see this, it will be in the Show Off section....

post-12973-0-74311500-1396618173_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-43002600-1396618194_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-82280400-1396618195_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Looking terrific !

Interesting that Jazzy is teaching YOU how to play :;):

LOL

Great Project, and it appears you are doing exactly what you need to do.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Jay

Jay, sometimes I think my children are teaching me way more than I teach them. They are a blessing!

Oh, I have two and they have been teaching me for years.

I especially enjoy when they quote me back, from 20 years ago, and I stand with my mouth catching moths.

Trying to argue with my ancient logic!

I fail !

Your mushroom/faerie ring looks fantastic !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

Thanks! I need to experiment with some greenstuff to add some variety to future mushrooms. These are way too uniform! Still, we like the way everything's turning out. This project turned out to be pretty intense! Tomorrow, Jazzy and I will sit down and put on the rest of the flowers and such. Of course, I still need to order some more Oak leaves before we can call the garden part officially "finished."

I love this diorama.

Only difference I would have made is the ring of mushrooms. I would have close it so it would look like a fairy ring. But it is my personal opinion how it should look like.

What you made is really fantastic!

800px-Fairy_ring_on_a_suburban_lawn_100_

Edited by Teskal

Yes I debated on closing it completely. The only reason I didn't was for Jazzy to be able to change up the display pieces. The clearance b/t the tree and ring isn't that much, so it's more of a preventative measure to preserve the tree and ring. Lol!

Edited by Kharsin