Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Otherworld Unicorns

I really really like your painting and basing on these three Citrine! ::):

Wonderful work on their coats and manes and the bases are a perfect compliment to them.

Understated with a hint of something mystical. Very well done.

Congratulations!

• Like 1

What a good job you did on those coats. The shading is in all the right places and the depth of colour you've given to white is amazing. Gorgeous work!

My favourite is the one with the green manes.

Also the flowers on the bases are a great addition

yepp, this is my favorite, too.

• Like 1

They are a CHARMING Trio. The brushwork & imaginative color choices are SPLENDID & the bases set the idyllic mood of the pieces WONDERFULLY. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

They are classic, and beautifully based.

I can't find the hedgehog, sorry.

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Pingo, the hedgehog is on the base of the one with the light brown mane, near the burnt tree. In retrospect, I should have used a bigger critter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      My second project for Fealron marked off a few firsts: First magnetization, first mounted cavalry, first Pugh sculpt.

Here you can see the 2mm magnets inserted strategically.

This is how he sits mounted.  But, I wanted to keep it removable, thus the magnets.  I confirmed it would stay in place upside-down!

A sharpened paper clip acting as the scaffold for the horn.  I also sharpened the lance tip.  It comes cylindrical out of the blister.

Green putty to make the horn and cover/reinforce the magnets.

White brush on primer, Black on the base.  
      I tried a little experiment with the base coat to give the bone a more orange look:  1:1 Ruddy Flesh:Desert Stone.  It may become my go-to for bone work.
    • By Darcstaar
      I took these pictures during the WIP phase of my gift for Fealron.

• By Joshinminn
      I'm pretty excited about finishing this guy. Stone giant (HT8c) from Otherworld Miniatures. I used Badger's gray airbrush primer, Reaper 09086 Stone Grey and 09087 Weathered Stone 09476 Woodland Brown, Army Painter Dark Tone wash.
      Comments are welcome!

• By kristof65
      I'll need a Pegasus soon for one of the PCs in the D&D 5e campaign I run for my son and his high school friends.

The metal Reaper one is lovely, but IMO, too fragile for use with a bunch of rambunctious teens. I was looking around for some options when I saw the Bones Sphinx, and figured her wings would "bolt" onto Silverhorn the Unicorn fairly easily.

So here is my attempt to create my own Bones Pegasus, since I can't wait for Bones 5 to deliver me one:

I cut off Silverhorn's horn (and set it aside for later), and drilled two holes in the shoulders.  I took the Sphinx's wings, and cut off the tabs, then shaped them best I could to fit the shoulder profiles of Silverhorn, before drilling a hole to pin them with.

Next up is glue and green stuff.

I have a feeling he's going to droop over time. Not sure if I'm going to attempt to pin his back legs(s), but at a minimum, I'll probably glue him to a 50mm base to keep him upright, even if he droops.

• By Joshinminn
      This is Otherworld Miniatures Barrow Guardian II (model: DM30b). Painted with the Reaper stone triad, and the dark Army Painter Quickshade. Vallejo earth stuff on the base. I am still pretty new to painting, and clearly am too heavy with the drybrush highlighting. Still think he looks pretty cool though. Feedback is welcome!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 3 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)