Uglunuk, Half-Giant Warrior (God-King Kelkar)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uglunuk! Dude! Sit back down! I'm just looking for the sandwich bar....

Great job! I really enjoy looking at these custom jobs. One day I'll try to start customizing, but I'm just trying to get the basics down for now. I'm going to have to check out the WIP on this one.... 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone he was a lot of fun to work on. We'll just call the mold lines "scarring from battle" because I really didn't see them until after I had applied paint and by that time I was not going back with the deadline looming so close to get him done for the contest. The throne itself was challenging since I had to basically build it up from scratch with only the back of the throne being a casted piece from reaper so I used some of my new molding paste and pumice to give it some texture and the look of stone. ^_^  

• Like 3

Other than some mold lines and chunky surfaces this is incredible. I love how the base is cool neutral colors and he is nice warm colors. It has movement and drama.

I agree.  I don't know if it was intentional, but it is nice to have the cooler tones in the axe and armor that refer back to the colors on the throne.  Ties it together nicely.

• Like 1

If one wants practice at painting muscles, this is the mini to get.  I'm not sure if it's the imagery, but I prefer a darker shading for muscles to make them really pop.  But that's just my preference, not an error on your part.  You actually did a very good job on them.  A (very slight) bit of bright edging on the armor might have made it gleam a little.  But I like the cold tone of the armor.  A blue-steel feel to it.  I like the purple on the throne.  It's also funny that this ultimate badass has a cushion on his seat.  "Hey, just because we are a badass doesn't mean we want a sore butt."  

Interesting. I didn't know that the forum autocorrected certain words like the one that was originally at the end of that last sentence.

Edited by Paintergeist
  • Like 2