Sexy Amazons Army on IndieGoGo

Arkady

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least they are honest.

About what they are selling, I mean. I can't vouch for their business acumen or intentions.

That concept sketch bothers me. I don't think the artist has a solid grasp of what toned paper, ink, and white highlighting can do. Nevertheless, as others have said it's the final product that matters more than the concept art.

This is solidly not in my sphere of interest, sorry.

• Like 1

I'm unsure about the concept. However, I have become cynical enough that I don't want to see just concept art or 3D renders, I want to see at least a couple of greens. I want to see the sculptors style and his or her ability to translate the art to a miniature. Same for a 3D render, show me the printed result. It doesn't have to be the whole line you are considering producing but I need to get an idea of what the finished product is going to look like.

3D Renders are software made greens. They show exactly what the sculptor can do or not.

3D Renders and Greens are only two different possibilities to sculpt a miniatures.

Even with a perfect sculpted Green it must not mean that the mini would be good.

The problem in practice with 3D renders is that a lot of projects that have run previously have used them then, later down the road after getting all the funds, discovered that they are too complicated for actually producing a miniature from or the 3D printing they are using doesn't capture the quality.

If the company knows what they are doing, like Raging Heroes for example, then yes it's just as good as a green. Unfortunately that isn't always the case and there are not enough examples of their other work to determine if it's like that here or not.

Edited by Nocturne

In addition it could be they end up going with a really cheap 3D printer that can't properly create the detail shown in the render. 

I'm find with a render if they're from a known company if not give me a few masters to show me you have some idea what you're doing.

I'm unsure about the concept. However, I have become cynical enough that I don't want to see just concept art or 3D renders, I want to see at least a couple of greens. I want to see the sculptors style and his or her ability to translate the art to a miniature. Same for a 3D render, show me the printed result. It doesn't have to be the whole line you are considering producing but I need to get an idea of what the finished product is going to look like.

3D Renders are software made greens. They show exactly what the sculptor can do or not.

3D Renders and Greens are only two different possibilities to sculpt a miniatures.

Even with a perfect sculpted Green it must not mean that the mini would be good.

The problem in practice with 3D renders is that a lot of projects that have run previously have used them then, later down the road after getting all the funds, discovered that they are too complicated for actually producing a miniature from or the 3D printing they are using doesn't capture the quality.

If the company knows what they are doing, like Raging Heroes for example, then yes it's just as good as a green. Unfortunately that isn't always the case and there are not enough examples of their other work to determine if it's like that here or not.

In addition it could be they end up going with a really cheap 3D printer that can't properly create the detail shown in the render. 

I'm find with a render if they're from a known company if not give me a few masters to show me you have some idea what you're doing.

Thank you, that was exactly the point I was trying to make and Raging Heroes is an excellent example of a company that I know that the 3D renders will be pretty close to what I'm going to actually get. Otherwise show me the green (or gray as the case may be).

This really isn't my kind of thing anyway, but the pledge structure is pretty off-putting even if it was something I was interested in. Bryan captures my complaints pretty well, if you're going to use something like this gold coin system then you really should do your best to make sure backers aren't likely to have coins left over.

I had a closer look at the Indiegogo pages.

By the way, the irony of this banner at the top of the page was high:

We're celebrating International Women's Day all week long!

Those concept sketches bug me more and more.

It's not just the uncomprehending misuse of the ink and white highlights drawing technique, grating though that is.

There isn't any sense of anatomy in any of the figures.

Whether horses, giant wolves, or people, none of them have any sense of a skeleton inside or any musculature. Their legs and necks bend and twist like garden hoses.

The faces are meh, but that can be forgiven when they are going to be cast a few millimeters high.

But for the bodies to have no sense of bodies to them is creepy.

• Like 2

The concepts are so stylized.  Looking at them, I really haven't the faintest clue what the final products would look like.  They look more like a napkin sketch that you show to the person who's going to draw the real concept art.  "Yea, she's wearing something that looks kinda like this...and her arm is up like this..."

• Like 1

Decided to hav anothher look at this to see if they've made any progress. This is all there seems to be:
20140319100732-nogi_amazonki.png

Well, at least they're innovative in their approach to crowdfunding. Trying to launch a miniatures line based on the premise of lawlboobiessell and then not showing the, urm, key selling points? I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done before...

Pebbles has grown up!

20140304091845-Head.png?1393953525Pebbles-Flintstone6.jpg

And gotten a mole on her cheek.

I can't figure out what that hair is doing. Where does it start? How does it flow? Where did that ponytail come from, given that all the hair below it seems to be massing downward?

Obviously that's just her cavegirl amazon wig. She'll be back sporting a 60s retro sci-fi wig when they next present a line of not-Barabrella space amazon strippers pole-dancers.