• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the reds you have going on in those robes -- very nice!  What did you use to do the snow?

I got some snow effect powder from my LGS, mixed it with glue, water, and matte sealer. Then I applied it with a toothpick. The stuff is very powdery, so don't breath in its general direction.

• Like 1

I like the reds you have going on in those robes -- very nice!  What did you use to do the snow?

I got some snow effect powder from my LGS, mixed it with glue, water, and matte sealer. Then I applied it with a toothpick. The stuff is very powdery, so don't breath in its general direction.

Thanks redambrosia, I appreciate the explanation of your method!

The snow elf is great but he doesn't quite interact with his base. like he's been superimposed.  Maybe if there were a little snow, dirt and slush on his boots.  Or if there was a little staining along the bottom of his cape and tabard to show that yes, he's been walking through snow.  The minis pose is a little stiff and exagerated which magnifies this disconnect.  But I do like the color scheme.

The bright gold edging on the mage is great.  Really looks like it was embroidered there. The floor is a great effect, too.  The buckle of her rope belt might look good as gem rather than just plain gold.  But that is a style choice rather than a recommendation.

• Like 1