Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Minion - Totem Hunter - PP

Nice to paint something not so complicated for a change. Still took about a week, and very worried about my color choices as I plodded along. I felt unrestrained not painting for my Everyblight or Orboros armies.

I used glossy varnish for the 1st time, on his skin. Other times I used water effects, which is what I used to make the muddy ground. They look about the same to me. 

Hope you enjoy :)

TotemHunter4.jpg

TotemHunter3.jpg

TotemHunter2.jpg

TotemHunter1.jpg

• Like 21

I really like your color choices. They look good together and bring out the details. An interesting figure, too. 

• Like 3

Very cool color scheme. His skin looks great! Love the highlighting on his face, and the markings on his scalp are...dare I say... spot on! The yellow pops really nicely, too, and goes well with the reddish orange of his skin.

Looking for things to improve, I would say the shield and spearhead look a little flat in these photos. Jabberwocky did a tutorial that really helped me with my metallics...still a good read four years later.

You recently mentioned feeling like you were on a plateau, but I continually see new things about your work that keep looking better and better. This and your strider deathstalker are both great examples of playing with color, which I think is a great way to push yourself. Some great work happening here!

• Like 1

Very cool color scheme. His skin looks great! Love the highlighting on his face, and the markings on his scalp are...dare I say... spot on! The yellow pops really nicely, too, and goes well with the reddish orange of his skin.

Looking for things to improve, I would say the shield and spearhead look a little flat in these photos. Jabberwocky did a tutorial that really helped me with my metallics...still a good read four years later.

You recently mentioned feeling like you were on a plateau, but I continually see new things about your work that keep looking better and better. This and your strider deathstalker are both great examples of playing with color, which I think is a great way to push yourself. Some great work happening here!

I was thinking to get one of those l2p kits for metallics, but after reading the link you sent, I think I may hold off. It appears that I am in the right direction, but my skill level is not there yet. Thanks for sending, it was helpful. I think i made a mistake with the shield and spear and probably should have based with steel and used a more water down blue metallics over it.

I do not see the image for some reason...I would love to see

Photobucket is hosting my pics, maybe you work computer is blocking? Or photobucket may have been temporarily down at the time you were viewing?