Sign in to follow this  
chipchuck

Big thanks to Matt and the Reaper Team

Urf. I didn't even know there WAS a sculpting merit badge.

• Like 2

Art and Sculpture are usually combined at summer camps and Merit Badge Universities. It is a great way to open a world of opportunity for boys. I just wish Reaper was closer so I could bring my Troop there as well.

• Like 1

Merit Badge universities?  :blink:

Some Councils will host a day event where between 20 and 40 different merit badges are offered. Not every troop can have MB Counsellors able to lead/provide support for all the available merit badges. I have helped with engineering, architecture, drafting, and other technical based merit badges. Our last MBU in January provided acces to 35 different merit badges including Medicine and Dentistry which served over 400 boys, most of which did not have access to the merit badge any other way.

• Like 4

That's very cool of Reaper and you.  Glad the kids enjoyed it.  The secret is to get them hooked on minis and gaming while they're young so that they're hooked for life.  Sounds like you're doing a great job!   ^_^

• Like 2

Wow...the boy scouts have changed a bit since I was last involved...urk...20 years ago?  :blink:

What a cool opportunity for the boys!

You only need 20 minis for the collecting badge!

Seriously though this is very cool!

Really? Here in Brazil, you need at least 100 to get the first tier (there are 3 of them).

• Like 1

That's not the boy scouts, that's the "Secret Enlightened Brother And Or Sisterhood of Miniature Illuminati", and it's not badge tiers, it's tiers of "Illuminated Enlightened Brother And Or Sisterhood (Secret)". We had to add two extra tiers after the Bones1 Kickstarter, by the way, but they are Classified Really Terribly Seriously Secret, so shhhhh!

• Like 1

Urf. I didn't even know there WAS a sculpting merit badge.

It actually has kind of a horrible set of requirements. (See also the Model Design & Building merit badge.) There are a very limited number of choices available to satisfy the requirements.

Wow. Those requirements are pretty ... Um. Strict.

Look, I'm a fine artist myself. I think I would go quietly nuts trying to meet those requirements and probably would try to subvert them somehow.

Although I begin to understand why the art exhibit area of Boy Scout camp included a myriad of wooden ducks.

• Like 4