Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Doc's Underwear

Hmm..interesting thought...but maybe this is a "man problem"

Women buy underwear because their old ones are getting a bit tatty..and thus they go to the store, buy a new pack, take them home, open and discard the package, maybe wash them once to make them softer, and wear them.

Men, quite possibly (being that I have not yet experienced that walk in life) buy new underwear because their old ones are dirty..like really reeeally dirty, so they go to the store, buy a pack, unzip the bag, remove the new skivvies, remove their soiled skivvies, put on new clean drawers, and discard hopelessly soiled garments in the zipped bag in the appropriate HazMat container.

:D :D :D :D

Who told you?

• Like 1

I logged on to find interesting notifications from this thread.

"Pingo liked a post you made in Doc's underwear."

The next post I start, regardless of the actual topic, will be titled "... a Gorilla Mask And Frilly Pink Tutu."

Or perhaps just "...a smile and nothing else."

All humor aside, though, the packages the underwear came in was very much like the packages you buy trail mix in at the grocery store -- pretty obvious when it's been ripped open, but resealable with a ziplock at the top of the package. Perhaps this serves some purpose for frequent flyers and travelers, but durned if I can think of what it might be; when I travel, I keep my underwear in the suitcase until after I've worn it, at which point it goes into the laundry bag.

Perhaps some folks do not require very big laundry bags...

• Like 4

Much relieved to find this thread is about the underwear that the package holds and not the package that the underwear holds.

• Like 6

Hmm I wonder if the thought behind the zip bag is to encourage reuse.....buyer (likely traveller) removes undies from the package, then uses the package to store all those travel-size toiletries that otherwise go wandering all over the suitcase leaking their contents all over the clothes.

(edit)

Speaking of...why are womens' underwear often sold individually or even by the bundle..on HANGERS?

Sure I guess it's so they can be tried on (OVER the buyer's own undergarments I hope), but even that only makes sense for high-priced dainties like the stuff sold at Victoria's Secret. Why would anybody risk the eww-factor of trying on non-hermetically sealed knickers that are sold at Walmart three to a bundle for $10.

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

Speaking of...why are womens' underwear often sold individually or even by the bundle..on HANGERS?

Sure I guess it's so they can be tried on (OVER the buyer's own undergarments I hope), but even that only makes sense for high-priced dainties like the stuff sold at Victoria's Secret. Why would anybody risk the eww-factor of trying on non-hermetically sealed knickers that are sold at Walmart three to a bundle for $10.

simple observation... men's underwear on hangers => a flag flying on the breeze

women's underwear on hangers => women are more selective and need to "visualize" what it will look like on them, also, too many different "styles" to really get a grasp (oops) on without actually touching/seeing it.  high cut, low cut, v-cut, hip hugger, granny panties, thongs... the list goes on and on...

• Like 2

I, for one, cannot imagine trying on underpants* at a store. Ew.

I mean, you know your hip measurement and you buy them by that and they are stretchy and they work, yes?

Otherwise (shudder).

*I refuse to use the cutesy diminutive "panties", which I feel sure was invented by some advertising copywriter in the last century to remove the dignity of the proper term.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

Never occurred to me to try before I buy. Even folk what shops at Wal-Mart generally don't go THAT far...

• Like 1

Not sure why there are ziplock bags for your mentionables you mentioned. The ones I use don't have that feature (that I've noticed. I tend to rip open the new bag to get to the new ones without looking for ziplocks).

I will say that it is state law in my state of confusion (IL) that you cannot try on underwear and I belive that if the package is opened they cannot be returned. Some kind of safty issue with STD'd and such that even washing won't remove.

tumblr_n2hf1h6Ktg1t2h5jho1_500.jpg...hm.... what was that Spike was sayin' about a "man problem?"

• Like 4

:blink:

I think this thread just jumped the shark.

Several sharks.  I can't believe you all had three pages of commentary on Doc's underwear bags. I also can't believe I read all three pages.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 4

tumblr_n2hf1h6Ktg1t2h5jho1_500.jpg...hm.... what was that Spike was sayin' about a "man problem?"

...ziploc condoms! No more trying to tie knots in them when you take them off, no more worries about messes in the trash can, just remove and close the teeth... wait... I think I see a flaw in this plan...
  • Like 3