jdizzy001

DND next

Opposed Str check, push back 5 and can move with target. Cannot use on things 2 sizes larger than you. 4 legs or more on the ground = advantage on the Str check. Half or less limbs on the ground = disadvantage on the check.

The feat then has +5 for Str check with a bigger push which puts it on par with other feats.

Edited by ObsidianCrane
  • Like 2

Also I expect a lot more in the PHB; more classes, more options in classes, more backgrounds and so on.

Given Trip is in the current rules (& is probably a good guide for bull rush) I would also expect to see disarm and bull rush in the actual book.

• Like 2

Also I expect a lot more in the PHB; more classes, more options in classes, more backgrounds and so on.

Given Trip is in the current rules (& is probably a good guide for bull rush) I would also expect to see disarm and bull rush in the actual book.

Agreed.

A bit late to the party here, but anyway...

When the 5E playtest first came out I signed up for it and put my gaming group through the paces a few weeks later.  The response was tepid at best.  In part that was due to its unfinished nature (it was a playtest after all), but at least one of the players didn't like the "backward looking" nature of the design.  While I kept up with the playtest by reading the packets as they were released, my group did the Pathfinder thing.  We switched over to 13th Age when it came out and haven't looked back.  I'll refrain from talking it up too much, but needless to say we like it for our d20 games.   ::):  

As far as 5E goes, I'll probably still go ahead and pick it up eventually as I am very interested to see what the final version looks like.  I also find the proposed modular design to be an interesting concept, and the print runs will show us how well the 5E team understands its audience.  Hopefully they manage something between warehouses full of unsold books vs too small of an initial print run.

A bit late to the party here, but anyway...

When the 5E playtest first came out I signed up for it and put my gaming group through the paces a few weeks later.  The response was tepid at best.  In part that was due to its unfinished nature (it was a playtest after all), but at least one of the players didn't like the "backward looking" nature of the design.  While I kept up with the playtest by reading the packets as they were released, my group did the Pathfinder thing.  We switched over to 13th Age when it came out and haven't looked back.  I'll refrain from talking it up too much, but needless to say we like it for our d20 games.   ::):  

As far as 5E goes, I'll probably still go ahead and pick it up eventually as I am very interested to see what the final version looks like.  I also find the proposed modular design to be an interesting concept, and the print runs will show us how well the 5E team understands its audience.  Hopefully they manage something between warehouses full of unsold books vs too small of an initial print run.

I started a new topic about 13th Age - sounds interesting, and it sounds like you have some experience with it - so have at!

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Wow. So, it's a new game, and an excellent place to start. There are the same common themes, and the initial material is still very.. Iconic.

Most of the new modules that have hit the shelves already are cross compatible, but require a download from the wizards site for the pdf that includes the edition specific material.

So, it costs more, the adventures are longer, but require some upkeep if you are running them. Like a print out, or an electronic device.

The best part about next though, is that there is a lot more to read about the.. well everything. Many people got all of the flavor text they have wanted all this time.

It's a new edition, with the old feel.

If you've been in a long time, it's a retro ride.

If you've never been in, you'll be getting the full experience.

If you bought it all before, you'll probably be angry.

I hope if you play or run it, you have lots of fun. And if you want, feel free to tell me about an adventure. I actually like that.

• Like 1

Had a funny moment last session that I wanted to share. The party is clearing room after room of this huge mansion. One of the players decides to get feisty and kicks one of the doors in. We clear the room and head to the next door. I decided I wanted to have fun with the guy (being one of the only vets besides the DM) and I tell the DM that I grab the guys character by his armor and use him as a battering ram. The other guy starts to chuckle. The DM goes "roll for it". The other player looses his grin and before he can say "hey wait.." I roll a natural 20. The DM tells the player "before you know what's going on, the Dragonborn Fighter grabs you by the collar, the world goes horizontal, and you are thrust into the room". At the next door, I let one of the other players open the door but I still pretended to grab his character again in-game just for fun. So, just fair warning...I may use your character as my "keys to the city" if we play together at Reapercon =D

• Like 6