Sign in to follow this  
Lord Baasen

Eldest Son

Eldest Son is the d20 adventure module put out by Reaper.

We are playing The Eldest Son written by Robert E Allen III and Damon Dorsey, published and copyrighted by Reaper Miniatures.

it is being run in the Sandbox, by me.

Reaper Robert posts here on occasion. Most recently giving hints about skoli.

it is out of production. it sold like hot cakes.

cher ^_^

Reaper people, listen up! Publish another adventure, dammit! The other one was cool and there must be a follow up. I was Aramil and even though he is an elf, I had a lot of fun playing that character, and would like to do so again. If you need someone to write it, I'm available.

Reaper people, listen up! Publish another adventure, dammit! The other one was cool and there must be a follow up. I was Aramil and even though he is an elf, I had a lot of fun playing that character, and would like to do so again. If you need someone to write it, I'm available.

Popularity at ReaperCon may be enough to spur production. We'll see.

kit

Well just to spark discussion and hopefully create a list of goodies to give to Reaper Ron and maybe spur along Vicious Circle and more modules...

For those who have played it

What did you like about Eldest Son? (bullet points are your friend)

What did you hate about Eldest Son?

if Eldest Son was that cool, what I would like to see before new modules, is that one reprinted. Or atleast put in PDF format for us to use, I'm always looking for low level adventures.

if Eldest Son was that cool, what I would like to see before new modules, is that one reprinted.  Or atleast put in PDF format for us to use, I'm always looking for low level adventures.

We're talking about making Eldest Son available for electronic distribution from the store, for a nominal fee. If that sort of thing would interest you, sound off.

kit

What I liked about Eldest Son was there was a good mix of fighting and roleplay. The only bad thing I can say about it is it was too short.

What I liked about Eldest Son was there was a good mix of fighting and roleplay. The only bad thing I can say about it is it was too short.

Let me FIRST say that I will not be in ANY way offended by hearing what people hated about the module.

I've got a list on my own of things I would have liked to change/improve if we had the time and space to do so.

But as for being too short - it was SUPPOSED to be a 24 pager. Damon and I just, erm, took the ball and ran like hell with it.

---Robert E. Allen III

Reaper Miniatures Writing Monkey

But as for being too short - it was SUPPOSED to be a 24 pager. Damon and I just, erm, took the ball and ran like hell with it.

---Robert E. Allen III

Reaper Miniatures Writing Monkey

Oh, well in that case, I think you scored 6 points.

I was the GM for our group. I liked the clarity of the module: NONE of those ugly "what do they mean here" moments you find in sooo many modules. There was enough material that the players could go in several different directions, explore the city, and feel they had some "free will". That is very important to our group. The basic quest was not a "gimee" but not impossible either. "Brains" were more important than dice rolling, consistently. The gameworld felt very believable, in a fantasy sense.

Seriously, RR, only flaw for me:NO FOLLOW UP! :poke: