Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
The latest MODULAR DIGITAL BATTLEMAP expansion seeks to take the Meanderverse back in time and underwater to the glory days of this technological legend some say was a paradise - others a ferocious war machine. Dock at the Port, stroll through the Atlantean Water Gardens and explore the alien wonder of this mystical city on dry land - and then again after a cataclysm sinks it beneath the waves. Preview the campaign HERE. Launches July 21st on Kickstarter.
Hi! Thats my first time at these forum.
First i want to apologize for my bad english.
And now... Here they are! The goblin bombs from Mad Dragon, three miniatures i found in a friend's garage long time ago.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did when painting them.
Using the long weekend to my advantage, I got a decent paint in on this guy. Meet Gronk.
Trying to do a more comic-style paint job, I did less wash and more highlights with bold color.
* The two-toned leathers look fun and eye catching where they need to be.
* Staying to as simple color-scheme as possible helped me draw this one to a close. (Brown, Orange, Green, ivory, red)
* The eyes came out really good and I finally managed one of those little reflective white dots in the corner of the right eye.
* Opting to not color-up every single ribbon or fold as a new color and simply stick to the simple palette helped me keep pushing forward.
* The shield came out great! If you look close on the edges and near the dents, there's small orange highlights that are really faint. Probably my favorite small thing on this model.
* Not digging his green skin highlights. Did a Green base, then ink wash, then went back over with same green, then brought up by adding white. Placement of the highlights is off as well as not understanding light. Crux for me.
* Metal sword over all has a good look to it. Can't seem to use the Vallejo Metals for edge highlighting. Too runny. Need to swap to regular metal paints and use edge of brush. Love the Metals, but they are so thin and spread so quickly.
* Struggled with doing boots. I want to darken them, but using black just seems too easy. When they are super dark, I can't figure out how to bring the color up. Lame.
* On the dino skull on his shoulder something bad happened. I went over it with bone color like 3 times to make sure it was thick enough. Then did a wash to bring out the dips and dirty it up a little, but I guess pulled up the bone color before it dried - even though it was sitting for 15 or more minutes before I hit it. That sucked. Fixable, but not sure why I hate that color so much.
* Learning how to be 'subtle' is something I need to develop. It's almost like I'm needing to see big swings in the color to make my eye train to it being different, but the reality is subtle would be better.
Who's Online 19 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)