One Kickstarter Vampire box of bones painted

buckyball

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you prep these prior to that first base coat?

I trimmed the mould lines first.  Then I washed the the figures in very hot water and a tiny bit of dish soap, scrubbing them with an old toothbrush.  Once they are clean, before they cool down you want to straighten any parts that are bent.  Rinsing them in cold water will lock them in position.  After that I just let them dry and primered them with brush on white primer.

buckyball

Well done on the achievement. I am sure a few other will reach this goal but not for quite a few months.

I hope that seeing the finish line will spur others on to "get er dun!"  It is easy to get discouraged with so many figures to paint.  One thing that really helped me, was to post my progress on the WIP forum.  I got tons of reinforcement from some REALLY talented painters.

buckyball

• Like 1

Well done on the achievement. I am sure a few other will reach this goal but not for quite a few months.

I hope other people also finish their sets.  And I think anyone who does finish, should get a little badge like the one that says Bones Supporter.  But this one should say "Bones Finisher".  That would be cool.

buckyball

• Like 3

I hope other people also finish their sets. And I think anyone who does finish, should get a little badge like the one that says Bones Supporter. But this one should say "Bones Finisher". That would be cool.

buckyball

Thread necro to agree with this thought. I aspire to attain "Vampire Slayer" status.
  • Like 3