Bombshell Babe, Reaper and Hell Dorado in Browns

Some very nice work here, Anne! Congrats on challenging yourself so successfully.

I especially like the bases; their splashes of color really set off the muted tones of the figures themselves.

• Like 1

I think those bits of blue on the last mini just underscore one of the big pay-offs of sticking to a largely muted palette: When you use those bits of bright color, it gives them more PUNCH by way of contrast (as opposed to how it might be if the figure has lots of areas of bold color).  I need to really consider this when I'm struggling with how to convey brightness/glowing on part of a figure (e.g., magic sword, runes), and I don't want to do it by making the rest of the figure "shadowed" by comparison; instead of contrasting by brightness, I could contrast by saturation or hue.  Thanks for the inspiration!  :)

• Like 2

Some very nice work here, Anne! Congrats on challenging yourself so successfully.

I especially like the bases; their splashes of color really set off the muted tones of the figures themselves.

Except for the dwarf, I wanted to tone down my bases. I've gotten into the habit of over doing them and detracting from the figure itself.

I think those bits of blue on the last mini just underscore one of the big pay-offs of sticking to a largely muted palette: When you use those bits of bright color, it gives them more PUNCH by way of contrast (as opposed to how it might be if the figure has lots of areas of bold color).  I need to really consider this when I'm struggling with how to convey brightness/glowing on part of a figure (e.g., magic sword, runes), and I don't want to do it by making the rest of the figure "shadowed" by comparison; instead of contrasting by brightness, I could contrast by saturation or hue.  Thanks for the inspiration!  :)

This is something I've long struggled with and I'll have to remember to do it again in future projects.

Doing a limited palette is something I've never considered. The results are BREATH TAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL. Your Babes are LOVELY & your Dwarf has a psychotic charm all his own. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you darling. The dwarf is actually a self-portrait. It's the rage and the mad look in his eyes that calls to my heart. He's to be my new personal emblem and will sit above The Lone Painter on my page.