Doramos

Chibi Gaslight Horror - Cthulhu Mythos & Sci-Fi Miniatures

Good grief. Chibi minis projects on kickstarter are like fleas on a dog.

They're getting to be worse than zombies, C'thulu, and specialty dice projects.

However I do like that Flesh Golem... And the Mummy.

Also liking that Archaeologist. The Flapper. The Gangster. And the Scientist.

• Like 4

In for $50 in the hopes of some awesome stretch goals. If they don't happen I may realistically drop to the $30 mark since I only see a few must-haves.

+ Impact! Miniatures are a great company.

o I don't care for chibis, but to eachh their own.

- And yet another Trollcast project while Ed's own KS (and RBG1) are yet unfulfilled...

• Like 2

I was excited till I saw that it was Impact. I wasn't in on their other chibi project but I've seen some of the minis and I can't make myself get excited about these. If they come out well, they'll be awesome, but it's not a chance I'm willing to take.

For the record, I have no problem with Impact as a company (they have some great minis), I just wasn't impressed with the chibi I've seen first hand from them. 

We were in on the first Chibi KS from Impact and the quality was just not there.  Seems like they are getting better with each round but I still haven't painted the first ones I got.

Are there concerns with Trollforged?  I know that there have been hiccups with other projects.

'hiccups' is significantly understating things.

Troll Forged's own Kickstarter is almost a year overdue with no end in sight.

Troll Forged also badly screwed up tre manor's first Kickstarter. tre sounds hopeful that Ed may have finally delivered (most) of what was agreed to with acceptable quality.

Of my failed projects, Assimilation Alien Host (the Troll Forged Kickstarter) is one of two that I feel cheated by (although I've just missed backing some beauts). Most of the projects gone wrong involve an individual or small company getting completely overwhelmed, recognizing it too late, but then diligently and apologetically digging out of the hole. Troll Forged has failed badly on that last point: Ed seems to be making sporatic progress at best, and just doesn't seem to care.

[My other horrible KS is Up Front, where the project creator actively lied about ongoing litigation such that the KS funds have been held in court escrow for a year already. That creator continued to lie about the litigation for several months, and has spent the months since dripping out the art (and blaming the volunteer artists for the delay) despite overwhelming evidence that the problem is the lack of funds.]

edit2 to add: Tectonic Craft Studios deserves mention -- they're in the "bad as Ed" class, but I (for once) saw trouble coming so backed at a tiny level which they managed to fulfill only about six months late. The big backers look to have another year to go at the current pace.

edit to add:

To be clear, Impact! seems to have a good relationship with Troll Forged, so that they actually get their product produced quickly and with good quality. Their other projects (chibi and other) look to have run smoothly with minimal delays. Tom also shows quite a bit of care for his backers; see the advice about not setting Trollcast on fire. While I have no concerns about backing their non-mini projects, I personally won't back a TF-dependent project like this at more than a token level.

Edited by KevinR

This is like the EXACT type of thing I would never back....

and then I find myself looking, and saying, "AWWWW!"

I may need to pledge for a few of these...

In their comments section, the creator seems to imply that the quality of their minis from their Asian Chibi kickstarter was vastly improved from those of their original kickstarter.

Does anyone here have any firsthand knowledge as to how true that is?