Combat Description Cards for Storytellers and GMs

pcktlnt

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ConflictRPG/combat-description-cards-for-storytellers-and-gms

Edit: Looks like stretch goals begin at $25 for physical items and $15 for digital items.

A 100+ card deck of action words and examples of combat strikes. Helping storytellers know what to say or write when describing combat!

e7f978e22d7d7d9cadba548184d47d61_large.p

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea. Some of the stretch goals look interesting as well. In fact, I think the stretch goals look more useful than the main product. Environmental cues would be great, it seems every dungeon is dark, dank and dreary, some variety would be nice. The expressions and pain cards could also prove handy.

I think, if I had these cards, I would limit them to critical hits or finishing blows. Even though 100+ sounds like a lot, there will only be 30 or so options for any one result. How long would it take a mid level ranger to run through 30 ranged piercing results? You would run the risk of running through all the options every couple combat heavy game sessions. Especially if you have a couple players using the same damage type, like a couple swordsmen or axe wielders. I remember having that problem with the Iron Crown critical system. It looked fantastic on paper, but even though they had pages and pages of results, you'd always use the same table for a particular weapon, so an epic sounding result would soon become just as dull as "you hit for 12 points". But as a flavorful occasional flourish, I think these could be a lot of fun. I'll definitely be considering it.

Ouch guys/gals. Didn't know they charged that much for their shipping. Especially if it's just cards...

That isn't for just cards. The level with that shipping price also includes a hardcover book and a couple laminated 24x36 mats. 

Hmm, I'm interested.  Does anyone know how much the stretch goals will be, or at what level they're included?

I poked around their webshop- the templates are something I would like, but they estimate an $8 shipping fee (for a $5 product).  If anyone has ordered from them- is that what they actually charge for a domestic purchase, or is that an overestimate?

Just one Deck = $25.  Free Shipping.  

I don't even see a $5 item...

That was a reference to the add on items. There is a $5 template pack that costs $12 for international shipping. Other than the base pack ($25, $12 shipping), this stuff is way overpriced on shipping. There is a give me everything pledge for $50 that calls for $49 in shipping. Shipping costs can be high, but there isn't much bulk here, so the calculations seem a little under-researched at least. I just think they didn't give a lot of thought to international shipping. To add a single pack to an order doubles shipping cost, which seems steep, then they have a two deck pack where the price is $40, $14 for shipping. Of course, in the FAQ section they mention the two deck option only contains one set stretch goals, so only one plastic case and extra cards.

It's not a problem for me, I am just interested in the base deck anyway, and $12 doesn't seem unreasonable. Especially considering the larger card size already unlocked, plus a plastic case and supplemental cards coming up as stretch goals.

Eta: I actually think gmpathfinder was referring to their web store. Still, my shipping complaints are valid for international customers, and I hope everyone checks the FAQ section before ordering the two deck option. I'd hate to see the arguments that would happen if you went in with a friend on that level and only got one set of stretch goals.

Edited by Suden