Combat Description Cards for Storytellers and GMs

pcktlnt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received mine today. Looks really good. Now go see how useful they are. I really like the g screen that may see the most use In game.

I think they'd work really well with the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game! 

I played PACG a week ago, but found the gameplay lacking in flavor. I think referencing the cards takes away from what fantasy gaming atmosphere PACG has. The combat cards should restore that a bit!

Posted reviews of the Storytelling Cards and Combat Description Cards on Amazon.

What do you guys think of the GM's screen? it's a good quality screen, but, afaik, the text on it overlaps the cards. How do you see yourselves using the screen over the cards? 

Got an email stating the shipping they charged wasn't enough, email is quoted below. Not sure how its fair to ask me for another $12 after I already paid $12 dollars shipping included in my pledge, but whatever :s (especially with an original delivery date of oct 2014). Also got a tracking code, so hoping it will arrive soon.

Your international package will cost us $24.17 USD to ship. This is greater than we expected by a large margin. Although we will ship your package regardless of how (or if) you respond to this email, we figured we’d ask you if you are willing (and able) to split the shipping difference with us. If we were to split the difference, your part would be $12.09 USD.

If we were right about you being kind and a bit sympathetic, please head over to our Tip-Jar page to help us better absorb your shipping cost. Thanks again!

Some KS's I've seen had backers who were willing to lend further assistance to a project, if they only knew they needed it. 

KS is not a store. So if you wanted to actually help out the project, give 'em a tip. If you don't, don't. 

If I got a polite note like that I'd probably help out a small/new company (if I liked the product and had been kept informed post KS),

(I've done so once, and I've also send money unasked to cover extra postage when it was clear a small company was struggling but didn't ask)

but if it was a big company, or if they'd been rubbish at letting me know what had been going on I probably wouldn't 

Hmm, maybe I am turning into a grumpy old man! Kids, get off my wifi!

--edit--
Sent them an email to quell my curiosity, I will rethink my strategy based on their reply:

I was just wondering if the shipping was costing you $24.17 more than the $12 shipping I already added to my pledge, or if the total shipping was $24.17.

--edit2--

Got a reply

Correct, Your half should be 6 bucks not 12. Keep in mind your package has shipped and the tip is optional. Thanks

Edited by Damenace

I personally would think about sending them $6-10 in this case. As others have said, it all depends on the company and the situation. No pressure, though. Do what seems right to you.

Another option is to wait until it arrives and to bade the tip off of your perception of the product.

Edited by Talae
  • Like 1