Sign in to follow this  
Kharsin

Liriel of the Garden of Jazzy

Well here she is! I'm having camera problems again, probably because this is the first time I've used photocopied backdrops. The camera isn't having it as the pics came out pretty grainy, and these are after enhancement. At any rate, Liriel is finished! I may break out the Nikon or a borrowed Canon for better pics, but I'm ready to get her out of my hair. Also, Jazzy wants everyone to know that she picked out where the flowers and tuft went. LOL! Enjoy, and comments are always encouraged and appreciated!

Close-up, her left eye still freaks me out... Thankfully it looks good at normal size! LOL!

post-12973-0-98402000-1395974919_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-85507300-1395975075_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-80960100-1395974931_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-96906900-1395975035_thumb.jpg

These last 2 were an experiment on placing her on a cork rather than on the foam covered wooden block.

post-12973-0-66222400-1395974939_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-80578800-1395974956_thumb.jpg

I may experiment with my white felt later... I'm still trying to master my photography skills which are still lacking. HOWEVER! For those of you who have been following my grumblings on photography, today I placed a pre-order for the new Samsung Galaxy s5, which is supposed to have a very good camera in it! It should be in on April 10th, and for those who know, this makes me really, really happy!

P.S.: For the WIP of the entire project, which is much more than just Liriel, please check out Jazzy's Garden of Eden.

• Like 19

Threw the Nikon on a tripod and captured these. I really need to learn to use that thing!

post-12973-0-77743400-1395989946_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-42278700-1395989948_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-01791100-1395989950_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-39684900-1395989951_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

She looks great, a nice clean paint job. I see what you mean about the left eye, just say she had an accident with magic and call it good, then it becomes a feature instead of a flaw.

• Like 1

She looks great, a nice clean paint job. I see what you mean about the left eye, just say she had an accident with magic and call it good, then it becomes a feature instead of a flaw.

Lol! You really can't see it in real life, otherwise I wouldn't have left her that way! In my quest for great close ups, it seems I may be more successful than necessary! 

• Like 2

Yes, the camera is a VERY harsh mistress. It blows up all the imperfections that we miss with the naked eye or even magnified 3-4x with visors/glasses, so crazy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this