Prodigy

redambrosia

Some of you may remember me talking (and complaining about) Skylanders. This game has all these neat little figures which you put on a "portal of power" to make that character pop up in the game. The figure stores all the character information so that you can go to a friend's house and play with them, even if they have a different system.

Just recently Disney released Disney Infinity, which works on the same concepts.

Well, now check this out. It's like DnD with figures... as a video game.  ::o:  It's all futurey!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to make a snap judgment and say that it's evil.  Evil, I say, it will make lots of money and many people will hunger to buy more!  I therefore banish it from my mind, that it will never tempt me. 

:;):

Yep, it has you.

Just like the Skylanders. Lucky for me, this 3rd game is actually much, much better than the first two, so it's turning out to be worth the money.

Prodigy reminds me of the dream of having a holographic table for DnD. That would be sooo furturey. We could sit around in our skin tight silvery outfits playing a medieval fantasy game!

• Like 1

There may have been slight exaggeration.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist, however, to see that a game like that will definitely appeal to a lot of people.  And that they will make a ton of money. 

So far we have no Skylanders or Disney Infinity in our house, but every little boy I know is obsessed with Skylanders.  My girls like the Frozen characters for Disney Infinity, but I've managed to distract them so far from actually getting the game. 

There may have been slight exaggeration.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist, however, to see that a game like that will definitely appeal to a lot of people.  And that they will make a ton of money. 

So far we have no Skylanders or Disney Infinity in our house, but every little boy I know is obsessed with Skylanders.  My girls like the Frozen characters for Disney Infinity, but I've managed to distract them so far from actually getting the game. 

That's okay, Infinity is crappy game. When they started coming out with characters we like (Rapunzel, Mickey, Wreck-it-Ralph), we looked into the game. Each character unlocks their world, but you can only play that character in their world (who does Rapunzel get to play with? or Jack Skellington?) So you HAVE to get all the characters, even if you don't like them. Add to that that they only have ONE classic Disney character (Sorcerers Apprentice Mickey), and it's just crappy. Where's Donald? Goofy? Any of the other princesses? The dwarves?

these are all a take off of the U.B. Funkey's game for pc that was out about 6 years ago.  it was all online and had a usb hub that used a rf tag reader to know what figure it had on it.  the tags were just on the bottom of the figure and could be easily removed and/or swapped.  you collected the figures to play two to three mini games per figure, but you couldn't get into any other figures areas unless you switched to that figure.  it made money for a few years then quietly faded away.  that is until they attached the Spyro the Dragon licence.

Looks kinda like a visual representation of the battles you get in a Magic The Gathering card game.

I dunno about this.

It's not really a miniatures game.

It's not really a card game.

It's not really a video game.

Yet it's made up of all those things.

I dunno about this.

that pretty much sums up yu gi oh doesn't it.

Had a kid that I used to do Big Brother with, that was huge into Yu-Gi-Oh.  After a few games where I got to play a deck he made against his deck specifically designed to destroy mine, I bought my own cards.  Then proceeded to make every turn I played using the cartoon voice and duel style.  :devil:

• Like 2