Sign in to follow this  
ShadowRaven

Ebonwrath

well. Here's ebonwrath. Not yet dullcoated, because it's below freezing outside right now, so still a tad too glossy, and not actually attached to the base, but that will come with warmer weather. Comments, critiques, and suggestions to improve greatly appreciated.

post-8132-0-96253400-1396305491.jpg

post-8132-0-21880100-1396305508.jpg

post-8132-0-61246700-1396305527_thumb.jpg

post-8132-0-83675500-1396305552_thumb.jpg

post-8132-0-03746600-1396305579_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

He looks fantastic Tim!

Edit to give more comments:

What stands out to me the most are the great looking wing membranes and the basing. I can't tell if you highlighted the black scales because of the direction of the light, so it's hard to give you a proper critique on that area, but it looks like you used purple if I'm seeing it right.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

I wanted something to break up the black, and the tan seemed like a good 'natural' option. That and i just got a bottle of leather brown, which I've kinda fallen in love with. Not in a romantic sort of way mind you, it's a very platonic sort of love, but it's definitely love.

• Like 3

Ub3r. Yeah, I highlighted him. Used dark elf skin for that, trying for a purplish without reading as overly purple so that he stays very much looking black. I also want the highlights to seem fairly dull, as if the scales don't reflect much. I think that will be better once I can get a proper dull coat on this guy. 

• Like 3

Wait did we just post the same colour scheme independently within days of each other?

a distinct probability. And since I am not known for psychic projection. I assume it was purly coincidental, and that we both have good taste

• Like 2

thanks. the lily pads are from Happy Seppuku's swamp accent stamp, along with everything else except for the log and the water effects

• Like 1

yup, it is

Okay, that I didn't see my first time looking at this brilliant work of yours Tim. That splash is a touch of genius, love the sense of motion and action it conveys. 

• Like 1