Sign in to follow this  
Lovejoy

Finally got some more Oathsworn stuff painted...

The dwarf is my favorite.  I can't tell if the gemstones are painted that way or actually reflecting camera light. The hair is so well done.  The face is super well highlighted.  I prefer more shadow and contrast in a face, but you make it look real in a freshly bathed kind of way.

I remember seeing the dragon being sculpted (WIP's here IIRC), and it looks stunning painted.  I wouldn't change anything, as the dark eyes remind me of crocodiles and alligators, which is how the dragon feels.  He feels really dangerous.

All around great job!

Question:  Is the tall red robot on a 40 or 50mm lipped base?

Question:  Is the tall red robot on a 40 or 50mm lipped base?

It's a 50mm lipped base.

Today is supposed to be webstore day, nothing yet:(

It was... but now it's not!  ::(:

oathsworn.net is down, but oathswornminiatures.co.uk is working. Weird.

Well, oathswornminiatures.co.uk is still up, but you can't buy anything, because the store is disabled at the moment.

Basically, the postage calculator isn't working properly. Because of that, every overseas order will have the wrong postage charged. The company who host the store (Highwire) are looking into it. We told them on Monday lunchtime, but we haven't had it sorted yet... so we've disabled the store until it's fixed.

It's annoying, because the only reason we went with Highwire instead of doing it ourselves was because they were supposed to be able to easily handle multiple shipping locations... :angry:

Hopefully, we'll be back up and running soon - but right now, it's out of our hands. We just have to wait for Highwire to let us know it's sorted.

Sorry! 

• Like 1

Very nice work. Really smooth and I have to agree with everyone else that the dragon is awesome! I also missed out on your KS. Bummer. I really like your minis.

Thanks again for the comments! I'm getting the impression that people quite like the dragon...

Thats rough but all part of a new business. You will get it ironed out. Good luck!

Cheers! And yes, we have finally got it ironed out - the webshop is back up!  http://oathsworn.net

And finally, not a painted figure, but a little work-in-progress pic of Sleipnir:

slippy2.JPG

• Like 9

Looking into this thread for the first time just now.

Quite liking your work, painting and sculpting, on both the dwarf and the Halfling. Very much in the style of some of my favourite classic minis from the olden days. ::):

Your paintwork on the dragon is unique and intriguing. The colour choice very much gives it the feel of an actual beastie.

I remember seeing the wips of the sculpting and thinking what an interesting pose you had chosen for it. Very well done!

• Like 1

I just realized I never commented on how much I like your paint-ups  :huh:  They're very nice, particularly the dwarf lady and the robots. I love that your made them so red  ^_^  (I refuse to jump on the dragon band-wagon! even if he is awesome!  :rolleyes: )

So, will you have painted versions of the minis on the web-store? And can we submit our painted versions? (like Reaper does) Not that I've actually painted any of the minis yet... :unsure:

• Like 1

So, will you have painted versions of the minis on the web-store? And can we submit our painted versions? (like Reaper does) Not that I've actually painted any of the minis yet... :unsure:

I'll put the painted versions on as I do them - as for submitting painted versions, that'd be great; I just can't decide whether they should go onto the actual product page, or a separate Gallery page...

• Like 1