Sign in to follow this  
Bane Of Humanity

Bane's Torturetorium

The hair you have scuplted is done very well. Put on primer and I doubt any of us would have known that it was not part of the original sculpt.

• Like 1

Here is another update.

IMG_0790.jpg

This is just basecoats with alittle bit extra work on the cloak.  They are still not attached I would just testing.

IMG_0791.jpg

His right side of his face doesnt seem border well with the helmet.  Nothing I can do to improve it either except replace the head lol

IMG_0794.jpg

Here is todays work so far.  All I did was prime the very bottom of his robe along with his feet and then put a basecoat on it.  Its kinda akward to work with this guy haveint to stick part of him in sticky tack so I can hold him.

I had to turn him upside down to do this part.  Once I have the robe done I think I will be able to assemble him and then do detail work.

IMG_0792.jpg

Here is the cloak interior.  I didnt do too much work on it as most of what you see will be covered by the other part of the mini.  but atleast it will be properly shaded.

IMG_0793.jpg

I may need to fix the highlights on the shoulders alittle bit and a few other places. I think Im going to seal it before I attach it.  Then I can work on a base.

• Like 8

Well we are on tjhe home strech with these two.  I just put on a coat of gloss sealer.  So there may be alittle glare in the pics.  (didnt think to take the pics BEFORE I glossed them but oh well)  The next step will be of course to put a matte sealer on them and then hide them somewhere so my nosey players dont see their future doom muhahhhha

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

The clean up around the base is also needed...Im not sure if I want to leave a black border or not.  hmmm

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

This guy I found to be a good learning experience...he was also a bit frustrating because the cast of his face is a bit messed up.  but I tried my best to work with it.

IMG_0815.jpg

Group shot!  I did alter the dragon a bit I glazed a reddish orange over the base to match the other two.  I was doing up the other two guys and experimented with trying to get this red sand look.  to which I liked better than what I did on the dragon.  So...I improved the dragon's base and re-sealed it. 

I think I will turn my attention back to my beloved succubus...(honestly I have like 5 guys primed and ready to paint but I keep putting them aside for stuff Im going to use in the game.  Then I have another 5 that are sitting here assembled and ready for priming...and not a single one of them are bones minis....how the hecks did that happen.)  maybe I'll post a group shot of them all later....Im contemplating painting another big one.  Not sure which.  Thinking it might be my Hydra but I can't decide on a color scheme.

• Like 8

IMG_0817.jpg

Ok as promised the group shot of all the stuff I have waiting to be painted.  Chances are though that I will be skipping most of these in favor of painting some bones instead.  Mostly because these dont really have a plan to match to them.

The Knight on the far right was actually painted already and has since been given a Simple green bath.  I rushed painting him and decided I could do better and since I didnt actually use him for the game.

The guy in the back, Kang I believe was actaully going to be the main villian but I found a better mini and painted that up instead.

The chick with the two schimitars has also been simple greened.  Unfortuntaely..she also has a problem with her base.  Its close to breaking off and it would take her foot with it.  So that one is definately not getting painted anytime soon.

That poor dwarf in the back has been waiting 10 years to be painted...He was one of the ones I had primed and then sat in my case for years and broke.  So I had to strip him clean and repair him.  Just as well because the spray primer I used kinda sucked.

Next to the dwarf on his left is a elf with two swords yet another that I had to repair unfortuntately.

The Orc next to him...I dont know what Im going to do with him.  He doesnt fit on any bases that I have and I really dont want to use the 40mm bases because those dont match the 1 inch grid very well.

The "vampire" chick is likely my next victim.  I'm at a loss as to what to do for her base.  I dont really have anything I could use for an "interior" base like wood floor or something like that.

The berserker guy with an axe and sword...I dont know what Im going to do with him.  Most likely blood cover flesh and maybe try putting wounds on him.  Going to have to research a good way to do that.

The half naked lady by the knight.  Dont really know what to do with her.  Dont really have a NPC in mind to use her for so she is likely to return to the box.  (yes I have a box full of unopened packs of mostly reaper metals.A few from other lines as well.  Including a avatar's of War Daemon which has like 10 parts....most of them small. Dont know how Im going to assemble him.  I need more practice.  Again theplaces that sell these things need to list how many parts not just assembly required.)

And the young succubus in the center is a reapercon Sophie.  Not sure what year but its an older one.  I got it during reapers Xmas special they had last year and it was their final giveaway for that special.  I was extremely happy because I tried for 2 years hunting this mini so that I could haves it  Not for any particular reason, I just really liked it.......I had placed an order not knowing that the reaper sophie was going to be the last give away.  So I order another $35 worth of stuff to get her.  ( I mean it was stuff I wanted to get anyway but I try to pace myself)

EDIT: I should mention that I actaully have in my case a few old Chainmail minis that only got primed lol I didnt think to get pics of them...wait am I allowed to? they wont sue me will they?...

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 7

Wow, all those metal Mini's... drool.

Bad enough I got bitten by the painting zombie,

and now the metal mini zombie bit me too....

ohhhh...prettyyyyyy...mini''s.....

• Like 2

Im going to resurrect this old thread and begin adding some more work Ive been doing.  I will also update on the succubus.  Basically Im going to have to start over.  So I purchased a new one.  I have been moving a lot of things around so I have not had a chance to paint for a long long time. 

post-4192-0-95774700-1467732391_thumb.jpg

I got my paints all organized finally.  Sooo much paint...I don't think I will ever get to use it all.  I got the huge citadel paint set for xmas in 2015.  But Ive had a chance to use the shades,  OMG the shades are epic!.  If you don't have them you need to get them.  No one else has anything that compares.  Sepia, Reikland flesh shade, and agrax earthshade.  Are the 3 I use the most.

Here are some mini's that I painted up in 2015.  Some of them are not entirely finished.  As I need to still do some clean up but here we go.  Sorry in advance for the lighting as I'm using my phone to take pics.

â€‹First up: the Otyugh From Wrath of Ashardalon (hes unfinished.  I still need to touch up a few places and clean up the base.)

​

post-4192-0-08067000-1467732478_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-71162900-1467732688_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-48585500-1467732700_thumb.jpg

post-4192-0-41944300-1467732710_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Next is a miniature from Dark Sword: Melisandre - Priestess of R'hllor

For the most part she is done.  I just need to clean up the base a little bit. 

post-4192-0-23457900-1467741346_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-60834200-1467741357_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-09580500-1467741368_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Next up: Reaper's Ilkhan the Bloody

I messed up on his assembly.  You might be able to see it on the leg.  So I tried my best to cover it.  Will need to do more clean up on the base and perhaps a once over on that cloth. 

post-4192-0-89137100-1467741990_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-68330000-1467742010_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-32998400-1467742020_thumb.jpg

post-4192-0-53229700-1467742035_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Next is:  Reaper's Evil Human Warrior 

​One was done up as a merc.  The other an evil anti-paladin.  They are basically mooks so I didn't spend much time on them.  I don't think I even finished the bases.  I think that's still liner lol

Merc
post-4192-0-22243500-1467772521_thumb.jpg post-4192-0-29248500-1467772543_thumb.jpg post-4192-0-85298100-1467772562_thumb.jpg

Anti-Paladin

post-4192-0-62762000-1467772623_thumb.jpg post-4192-0-78283000-1467772634_thumb.jpg post-4192-0-29647600-1467772640_thumb.jpg

Comparison

post-4192-0-41034500-1467772647_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Next:  Mantic Games Deadzone: Plague Zombie First generation.

Still needs some clean up.  There is a difference between the two.  One has bloody hands and feet.  Basically I was trying out the technical paint from citadel called Blood for the blood god.  It seems like a blood colored wash with a gloss medium additive.  Its really nice.   

post-4192-0-74449900-1467773264_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-26014400-1467773347_thumb.jpgpost-4192-0-36306200-1467773359_thumb.jpg

post-4192-0-18936900-1467773374_thumb.jpg

• Like 3