Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

After long a absence from my Bones (new: Quicky with Sister Marie)

Nice work on the studs. I didn't realize he had a Frank Zappa moustache.

He doesn't, not on the sculpt.  But he begs for one and a little beard, so I gave mine the same thing when I painted him as a swashbuckler some time ago.

I ought to finish him, since he's 99% done. 

• Like 4

The idea with the beard (and most colors) I took from another painted version of him, I found in this forum. I can't find him again, sadly not everyone writes the name or product number of the mini in the postings.
I wanted the moustache not so thick, more like Errol Flynn. But Frank Zappa is good, too. :-)

I didn't clean this mini before painting him. And had some problems while painting him. I hope after putting varnish on him, the color will not get off.

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 2

Today I completed 77067: Virina, Female Demon

6g8sz9ay.jpg

It is interesting what you destroy if you make fast corrections, you get a lot of others... Please try to ignore them, I will remove later the bonewhite dots!

For the legs from the ankles to the knees I used yellow pigments.

Here is the nude!!! front part only as a link:
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140410/cidnq6p2.jpg

I will check if it is really necessary to make a correction to the eye, they are not really visible. So I thought...

I do not know if it is possible to paint somehow the nipples. I someone could throw an idea. :-)

Together with Sophie and Bella, she is my favorite Succubus.

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 14

I started to paint her a long time. Her weapon make me not proceeding the paintjob. Yesterday I finished her.

77119: Sinessa, Hellborn Sorceress

I think I will repaint her skin sooner or later. I need first a good wash for white. I heard Vallejo Pale Grey should be very good for white, but I can't get it in the 200ml bottles. :-(

xmg9jaju.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 12

Darkrasp, Evil Priest

I put this also on the Paint my Bones! Facebook Group.

I do not like the egg-thing, but I don't think it will get better if I start to put another 20 or more paint layers on it...

Just saw, I didn't paint the finger nails, I think I should change it.

y5cpwcg5.jpg

• Like 17

Thanks, I'm proud on the work on the scythe. And there are many layers of paint on the scroll until I got satisfied.

Next mini I start completely new, I need to try to use more water in the paints.

Here is a drybrush work of the

77099: Nightspectre,

fotographed in the dark...

l5f4e6yx.jpg

I hope to make soon more pictures not in the dark!

• Like 14

77099: Nightspectre

(this time with daylight)

It was painted with drybrushing mostly. I have another Bones version and a Metal version. On the other Bones version I will try it the next time without drybrushing. But better don't wait for it. :-)

4ftsx9v5.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 11

77103: Nor'Okk, Ettin

I painted most of him a while ago. Today I made the last steps..

sa2557if.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 16

77105: Kagunk, Ogre Chieftain

I think sooner or later I need to make few modifications, like some more details, but in the moment I'm satisfied with him.

fhrg28wm.jpg

• Like 14

looking good.

I think they would both benefit form a nice base.

They deserve it

Yupp, they should get a nice base. But I'm very lazy about basing. I think need a skirmish system where I would use them and a theme. In the moment I don't play much, I hope it will change soon.

Soon we will play a western skirmish. My Mounties will get correct bases and after Western, I hope we will try other skirmish systems, where I can use some of my bones.

But the main reason is, I have more fun in painting in the moment and spent to much on Kickstarters to get a good assortment of basing material.

Few weeks ago I bought static grass and made my static charging unit (don't know how it is called in english) out of a electrical fly flap and a tea strainer:

bsmx7hum.jpg

77161: Ghost King

It look like I need more water in my paint.

urekyama.jpg

• Like 14

Yeah, there are many cheap alternatives for basing. I'm often looking for new and other methods, for painting and basing. I'm not in the mood for basing in the moment. But I think you are right that I need to base the minis. I promise I will not let them with these lame bases forever (most of them...).

77075: Khael Stonekindle, Dwarf Wizard

I don't like to use the name Wizard for Dwarves.

Most of him I painted a while ago. Today I made the final details.

i6x2badg.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 21