Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So today when I started airbrushing, I noticed that after I sprayed a bit the pressure on the tank was dropping, which made it difficult to get an even coverage. I'd start at around 15psi, and it would hold for a couple seconds, then drop steadily until it was down at 5psi. Turning up the pressure did not help, it still dropped psi. I took out the needle and checked and cleaned it and the rest of the ab, then tried just shooting air through, without needle or anything but the nozzle lever. Same result. Seals are airtight at least until I start shooting air through. I have a Paasche TG-3F, bought it with the compressor in a package deal, compressor has a humidity filter on it.
EDIT: Just noticed that while air is going through the airbrush, adjusting the pressure does nothing at all. I can turn it up or down and it stays at 5psi. Unless I reduce the pressure below 5psi, then it goes down. Adjusting the pressure when I release the airbrush changes psi normally.
I have been working on a few different things the past month. I started sculpting an old gnarly tree with some super sculpey and green stuff for the finer details. I plan on using it in a vignette or a small diorama.
I had more photo's of the work in progress but lost them all in a desktop pc mishap. These are photos taken today.
I also started on Autumn bronzeleaf and was almost done with her when I decided my paintjob wasn't doing her justice, so I dunked her in 99% alcohol for a few days and started over. This is just the fresh ly airbrushed wolf grey primer. More to come in the coming days when I continue painting her.
And last but not least a work in progress on Angel of Shadow as a gift for a very dear friend of mine. The cast wasn't very good and the head didn't look right. I started to fix her with soem green stuff but ended up making it worse so I decided it was time for a head transplant. I found a perfect head in my Kingdom Death Pin-ups collection. Since I didn't want to sacrifice the whole miniature for just a head I started searching for my Oyumaru I used when I did 1/35 scale modeling. You all probably know it better as blue stuff. You put it in hot water for a while and it becomes this pliable mass which can be used to create molds. It took a few attempts to get the molds so it was almost perfect, but in the end I got one. When the mold had set I used green stuff to make a copy. I pinned the hardened copy to the angel body and worked the seem with some more green stuff.. I also created some extra strands of hair to make it all look like it belongs like this.
She is far from done but so far I am really pleased with my work on her
Any C&C is as always much appreciated!
I made this small diorama for cerebro1974, one of my Fall Exchange partners. A few things he mentioned he wanted were a female Druid, Goblins, or a creative small diorama. In the inspiration section he mentioned a fondness for Autumn Bronzeleaf and that goblins are a part of his campaign. In regards to a diorama he wanted to see what someone would do with the words Coastal, Cold, and Danger as inspiration. While I sat there thinking about what to do, my mind put together all of the above and went a little crazy. What he received was a result of that craziness.
So the story is that some how Autumn found herself on the bad side of some goblins and ran north thinking to escape them. What she found there was that the southern goblins have northern cousins who were more than happy to take up the hunt. After days of running she has found herself with her back to the water and three goblins in front of her. But she has a plan.
Any input would be appreciated.
My earlier WIP experiment proved that I paint more regularly when I've got a little accountability. (I also paint more when my kids are at school, which will soon be the case once again.) I decided that I should start a WIP for the two pieces I was most interested in finishing, since they're somewhat related.
I plan to use similar terrain for both, namely Pacific Northwest coastal. I'm also hoping to level up my basing skills and incorporate some water effect and possibly try to replicate some of the lush fern-type vegetation. Since these are both Bones, I'm not going to worry too much about achieving master-level quality of the paint job, especially since poor Autumn has some sort of skin condition that needs a lot of attention. These two are about getting something painted and learning more basing skills.
Autumn was already started with a coat of Brown Liner and all of her base-coats down. If you look closely you can still see bumps on her nose, forehead, chest and leg. There was a lot of bumpiness all down the left side, I already smoothed out her left cheek with my hobby knife, then applied liner, sealer, basecoat, sealer, sealer. She started out as a quick stand in for a PC that is a druid with a water domain, but she's getting a little more love and attention than was originally planned.
This Spirit of the Forest was in my Christmas stocking last year, and has been sitting on my shelf waiting since then. He's just got a coat of Brown Liner for now. He really doesn't need a base, but I want to do one so we'll see. I was hoping to have some of the new 3" rounds from the second Bones Kickstarter for him, but if I get impatient I might have to figure out something else.
Who's Online 30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)
- Pezler the Polychromatic
- Cranky Dog
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Balgin Stondraeg
- Xiwo Xerase
- Disciple of Sakura